Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Crystal Palace Lunch - really enjoyed this. Great way to break a long day with lunch in air-conditioned comfort. Pics of my kids interacting with the Winnie the Pooh characters are some of my most valued memories.

Arkeshus - I would pay OOP for this. Having that pic with Belle in her yellow gown, fab Princess interaction, cold buffet of prawns and flank steak plus yummy hot face sandwich. I was sold!

Le Cellier - this was when it was 1TS credit and that steak was worth it! Plus the pretzel bread and the poutine and dessert. So yum! The staff are all so friendly and made special effort to include everyone in the games and quizzes

Ohana - That bread! Really good family style food and coffee with that banana pudding. It was a tad too noisy for me but like all things Disney, you'll just have to embrace it. Service was a little rushed but I got to watch Wishes sitting down in the restaurant, eating banana pudding and having coffee.

Boma - The buffet is something different and AKL is a stunning resort to walk around. I could happily drink that Jungle juice they served for the rest of my life.

Narcoossee
- Beautiful setting. Watched the water pageant and Wishes from the dock. Had the lobster whilst the others had the steak and lobster tails. All good and our server was fantastic. Made sure we didn't use up precious TS credit for the kids meal and suggested we pay OOP for them instead. It left us with two TS credits to eat at...

Yak and Yeti - My surprise favourite. Again we had this as a lunch option and it was a great break from a whole morning at AKL. The food was gorgeous and we had a seat upstairs by the window, overlooking the street below. I would pay OOP for this.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

This will be our 7th on site vacation since 2004..So here goes our Mickeys gastronomic adventures which starts this October ..Chefs De France..First time here and I always wanted to do it..Narcoossees is another first timer, but I've read the lobster is to die for..Whispering Canyon is another first timer but since we are staying at WL we never did it on our last stay here..Ohanna..Yep another first timer and it was as recommended by a friend who always stays at the Poly...Jiko..This will be our third time here..Its our number one favourite...California Grill..Did it in 2012 and loved the food..Via Napoli..This is our pizza night and will our third visit..Yachtsman Steakhouse..Done it on our last vacation in 2014..Steak heaven..Boatwrights at PORS...we stayed here three times and we love the Cajun style cuisine..Artist Point..Again done it in 2014 whilst staying at WL..Superb food and ambience...Be Our Guest..Another first, but it's our last night so we will spend it at MK..These are all evening meals..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

These sound amazing! We really did not enjoy the food at tusker house for dinner. Is the breakfast much better? Can you get early entry into the park when booking this like at crystal palace?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
These sound amazing! We really did not enjoy the food at tusker house for dinner. Is the breakfast much better? Can you get early entry into the park when booking this like at crystal palace?
You can get early entry yes ours is booked for 0805. Usually breakfast buffet with some African inspired choices as well.

I'll let you know next Tuesday if we enjoyed it
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We loved the food at Tusker House for breakfast, it was the top of our repeat list for ADR's. It might just be our taste but there was such a good mix of usual breakfast stuff and more unusual things

Also an early breakfast in any of the parks is great for getting in a bit early, we got some great pics especially in MK when we got a picture in front of the castle and in the entrance to fantasy land with literally no-one else in the shot!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
We loved the food at Tusker House for breakfast, it was the top of our repeat list for ADR's. It might just be our taste but there was such a good mix of usual breakfast stuff and more unusual things

Also an early breakfast in any of the parks is great for getting in a bit early, we got some great pics especially in MK when we got a picture in front of the castle and in the entrance to fantasy land with literally no-one else in the shot!
I am thinking this would be a good idea if avatar land is open. But will it be open next July! That's the big question
Not sure I could talk my lot into going there again though. Obviously it's the theming but even the floor looked dirty
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Not had DDP before, but going off the dibb info and recommendations we have;

Pretty much in order;

Crystal Palace-Breakfast
'Ohana-dinner
Coral Reef-lunch
Raglan Road-dinner
Sci-fi-lunch-OOP
Yak & Yeti-lunch (Landry's)
Grand Floridian Cafe-dinner-OOP
Yachtsman Steakhouse-dinner
Be Our Guest-dinner & lunch
Flying Fish-dinner
California Grill-dinner
Teppan Edo-dinner
Sanna-dinner
Hollywood Brown Derby-dinner(Fantasmic)
'Ohana-breakfast

We also have a Tusker House(breakfast) and Mama Melrose(dinner) booked which we will probably cancel closer to the time as we don't have enough credits!?

Do you think these look ok for a first attempt at the dinning plan?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Here at the moment and quick review
Prime time - good fun and good food
Bog bfast - good for a qs meal
Narcoosees - nice but a bit stuffy
Trex - awful awful place would have to pay me to go back
Tusker house bfast - super
Sanaa - absolutely loved it favourite meal
Mama Melrose- ok and bonus fantasmic deal
Teppan edo - absolutely loved it

Stil got cinderellas to go
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Red stars View Post

That was my husbands view on our visit to T Rex this year lol I would give it another go but it's a big NO for him.
Old 20 Aug 16, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Red stars View Post

Yes so pleased you enjoyed those as on my list for next week!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread