I've message you
I've not received a message? X
Old 20 Feb 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi. I done the parks about 10 years ago with an ileostomy (been reversed now) but had no problems. I made sure I drank plenty and had a rest If I felt tired. If you feel the bag filling up, empty it as soon as you can as mine burst when I was sun bathing in typhoon lagoon. Not a big problem as I just put a towel round me then went to the toilets to clean up. I didn't get a disability assistance card because it didn't stop me from queuing etc so I wasn't any different from any other person there. I'm sure you'll be fine 😃

Edited at 05:38 PM.
scotsprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've had a temporary loop Ileostomy for 17 months now but have not been abroad yet due to other operations so cannot give any specific advice on that but have read about plenty of people going abroad, riding rollercoasters etc

It is still very early days for you and you will still be on an emotional and physical rollercoaster but it is not unrealistic to plan for your holiday in September and will give you something to look forward too. I'm awaiting a date for hopeful reversal so any planning on hold at moment but hoping to do a last minute booking once way forward clearer and I'll be going bag or no bag subject to insurance of course

I would suggest you join the (closed) facebook group - Stomawise Ostomy Support for support and advice in general with your Ileostomy. It is a sister group to the charity Stomawise and full of friendly people from all over the world with temporary and permanent Stoma's. If you are not on Facebook have a browse at their website stomawise.co.uk which is full of lots of useful information on life with a Stoma.

Good luck with your recovery x

Edited at 10:29 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sindysam View Post
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I've a few questions to anyone that's visited the parks with an ileostomy how was it?

I'm booked for September but unfortunately had emergency surgery last week and I've been left with a stoma and a bag

There is no way I'm not going, but wondered if the fact I feel like I'd be fine is unrealistic. I know I can get the DIsability assistance card as I've got Crohn's disease so was already going to get one.

But has anyone had any practical advice with bag emptying and how long it took them to feel themselves again? Any advice on safest clothes? How was the plane journey with a bag?

Can't see a way forward at the moment and still so painful. :angry:

On the bright side I now have at least 6 weeks off to plan, plan and plan some more.

Thank you in advance for any replies

Sam x
I went last year about 2 years after my surgery. I made sure to take plenty of rest days )as I struggle with fatigue) and always carried water. It all went fine. I had no trouble on any ride and even water slides were fine. I did wear a rash vest but I never really liked bikinis anyway, so this was more of a personal choice.

If there's anything specific I can help with, drop me a message

Edited at 11:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cliver18
Very Serious Dibber

I have sent you a PM, only just seen this