Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Boats, Bahamas and Boos: DCL October 2019: Day 6 & 7: Farewells, Fireworks and Flights

Day 6 & 7: Farewells, Fireworks and Flights
Friday 18th / Saturday 19th October 2019

I hope you don’t mind, but I have decided to pop the last couple of days together, as we didn’t really do much, apart from relax around pools and travel.

After breakfast with our table mates, we said goodbye and went to pick up our hire car to head back to Orlando. We had one final treat before we left, a stay at the Polynesian a.k.a. the best WDW resort.

We had planned on MNSSHP in the evening, but we were both feeling a bit grotty and tired, so the concierge team kindly refunded us our tickets. This meant we didn’t have to rush to get ready in the afternoon and could spend our time partaking in even more relaxation.

We did leave the pool at one point to grab a Dole Whip!

The sunbathing and sugar had given us some energy (How can relaxing cruises be so tiring? ), so we nipped to Disney Springs in the evening. Now, I’m going to say something radical to my fellow Dibbers, despite me loving the Dole Whip, I have to admit that I love the Citrus Swirl even more and I am a super fan of the Orange Bird and was very happy to see the mural in person.

An accidental purchase of two adorable chipmunks may have also fallen into a shopping bag whilst we were out, from the Christmas Shop . These are them back home…

We spent the evening in our resort, with an amazing Taco Bell take-out and watching the fireworks from our balcony = perfection!

We didn’t really do much on our final morning either. More of what we had done the day before, chilling around the pool and trying to pack all of our shopping into our suitcases without them weighing too much. I did happen to spot some more wildlife at the Poly, a Disney bunny!

Sadly, the time came when we had to pack up the hire car and drive to the airport. Everything was very smooth: no queues to return the car, delays at the airport and we travelled BA premium, so were very comfortable for the return journey.

It was an amazing trip. Much more restful and at a much slower pace than our normal trips, but that’s what we both loved about it. We can’t wait to go back!

if you'd like to watch the little video montage that Nathan has put together of the trip, I've popped below

If you read my other 2019 trippie that I recently caught up on in the dining report section, you will know that we did have a trip planned to LA and Hawaii for 2020. This was obviously cancelled and moved to this summer, but hasn’t happened this year either - however, 2022 here we come!

As with everyone, we don’t really have any Disney Orlando adventures planned, but we sure do have an expanding wish list! Of course, another Disney cruise trip to Castaway Cay is on the list, as well as a repeat visit to Tokyo Disney and the other Asian parks. On top of our postponed Disneyland California trip. In the meantime, it is certainly fun to reminisce about previous trips and dream of the ones to come.

We do however have a Disney Cruise trip coming up in August! We managed to book a Magic at Sea, Disney Staycation cruise and I cannot wait to be back in the bubble! The weather might not be the same as the Bahamas, but it will be amazing to return to the magic, say hey to Mickey and be thoroughly looked after for a few days.

Thanks for following along,

Laura Xx

Edited at 07:44 PM.
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Disney Cruise + Polynesian = my dream holiday! 💕 Have a wonderful time on the Magic and hopefully you’ll get to go on your other trips soon! X
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited83 View Post
Disney Cruise + Polynesian = my dream holiday! 💕 Have a wonderful time on the Magic and hopefully you’ll get to go on your other trips soon! X
They are both beautiful, definitely dream holidays!

Thank you, we can’t wait

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I have enjoyed reading along..thanks for sharing.

I hope you enjoy your staycation cruise and get to go to California next year. That were we are hoping to go too
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed your trip report - hope you have a fab time on your upcoming staycation. We did the 4 night July cruise and had the most amazing time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Enjoyed this ,thanks for sharing

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
I have enjoyed reading along..thanks for sharing.

I hope you enjoy your staycation cruise and get to go to California next year. That were we are hoping to go too
That's lovely, thank you

The Staycation cruise was magical. Fingers crossed we both make it to California next year

Laura Xx
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report - hope you have a fab time on your upcoming staycation. We did the 4 night July cruise and had the most amazing time!
Aww, thank you.

We're just back, it was amazing - I did not want to leave. Wasn't it great to be back in the Disney bubble?!

Laura Xx
Old 17 Aug 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Enjoyed this ,thanks for sharing
Thank you Disneycraft

Laura Xx