Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m afraid I agree. I always felt it was a shame that in the years between leaving a prestigious university with a good degree and marriage Kate didn’t do something with her expensive education rather than wait to get married.
I’d be horrified if a daughter or grand daughter of mine took a job on the basis it could only be part time so if her boyfriend got leave she’d be available for him as Kate told Jigsaw before quitting to keep house for William .
Meghan in contrast was an advocate from her school days , rather than an Art History degree , graduated in Theatre and International relations (even if there clearly wasn’t a monarchy module !) and continued to advocate , even speaking at the UN about oppressed women whilst working.
With Kate there doesn’t seem to be any passion in the causes she now supports, more like it’s part of her “job”.

Charles talks about a “modernised monarchy” and it does make me sad that Harry and Meghan couldn’t be found roles in achieving that as they both have a far more modern attitude more akin to Diana’s with getting involved rather than cutting ribbons .
Williams comments about the space launches lost any credibility coming from a man who uses private planes to travel, he just came across as out of touch and trying a bit too hard. Unfortunately.

The Queen must be tearing her hair out at the lot of them !
Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
I prefer Megan 😊

Please all, let’s not fall for it and allow this thread to become an argument. These posts were obviously made simply to do that. No mention was made of Meghan, the post was not about her and she didn’t need to be included.

I too think Kate comes across a lovely person and has evidently been brought up in a close loving family. The way William and Kate bring up their children will be the key to the monarchy’s survival. She is very supportive of the role of the monarchy in the same way Prince Philip and the Queen Mother were.

I feel rather more concerned about HM today hearing the news of her stay in hospital. Her Majesty, with no formal education whatsoever, what an amazing job she’s done and is still doing at age 95. I really fear what will happen next.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Please all, let’s not fall for it and allow this thread to become an argument. These posts were obviously made simply to do that. No mention was made of Meghan, the post was not about her and she didn’t need to be included.

I too think Kate comes across a lovely person and has evidently been brought up in a close loving family. The way William and Kate bring up their children will be the key to the monarchy’s survival. She is very supportive of the role of the monarchy in the same way Prince Philip and the Queen Mother were.

I feel rather more concerned about HM today hearing the news of her stay in hospital. Her Majesty, with no formal education whatsoever, what an amazing job she’s done and is still doing at age 95. I really fear what will happen next.
I echo your concern about H.M. The Queen. She is looking so frail in recent Months and this latest health scare doesn't bode well.

I hope she improves soon.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I echo your concern about H.M. The Queen. She is looking so frail in recent Months and this latest health scare doesn't bode well.

I hope she improves soon.
I saw a photo the other day when she was walking with the stick. Her legs looked marked to me as if she has had a fall.
I don’t really trust the news coming out of Buckingham Palace either.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I’m afraid I agree. I always felt it was a shame that in the years between leaving a prestigious university with a good degree and marriage Kate didn’t do something with her expensive education rather than wait to get married.
I’d be horrified if a daughter or grand daughter of mine took a job on the basis it could only be part time so if her boyfriend got leave she’d be available for him as Kate told Jigsaw before quitting to keep house for William .
Meghan in contrast was an advocate from her school days , rather than an Art History degree , graduated in Theatre and International relations (even if there clearly wasn’t a monarchy module !) and continued to advocate , even speaking at the UN about oppressed women whilst working.
With Kate there doesn’t seem to be any passion in the causes she now supports, more like it’s part of her “job”.

Charles talks about a “modernised monarchy” and it does make me sad that Harry and Meghan couldn’t be found roles in achieving that as they both have a far more modern attitude more akin to Diana’s with getting involved rather than cutting ribbons .
Williams comments about the space launches lost any credibility coming from a man who uses private planes to travel, he just came across as out of touch and trying a bit too hard. Unfortunately.

The Queen must be tearing her hair out at the lot of them !
I echo the comments about this not being about Kate and Meghan, but I’m afraid I have to call you out on the comments about Private Planes, are you indicating Harry and Meghan don’t use them whilst telling the rest of us to save the planet?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by HelenLime View Post
I think both her and William are perfectly pleasant but I don’t see much substance or personality about them. I’m not saying they don’t have any substance, I’m sure they do, it’s just that they choose to project a rather bland, mild image, which is understandable, particularly for Kate. We all know how much the media loves a prominent woman who speaks her mind….

She’s beautiful, elegant, rich…would I swap her life for mine? No way. I suspect it feels like living in a very opulent cage.
I think William certainly has a personality. He has shown little flashes to the public occasionally. I think however he is very much modelling himself on his grandmothers style. Who knows what the Queen really thinks about anything ? The role of the Crown is to be impartial it is not to pass an opinion.
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

I think William certainly has a personality. He has shown little flashes to the public occasionally. I think however he is very much modelling himself on his grandmothers style. Who knows what the Queen really thinks about anything ? The role of the Crown is to be impartial it is not to pass an opinion.
Maybe that’s all it is. I genuinely don’t have anything against them. I just get a sort of ‘moulded by others expectations’ vibe from them.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
As the mother of a daughter who is incredibly ambitious and driven I am very proud of her. However, if she wasn’t that way then I certainly wouldn’t be horrified because all I want for her in life is for her to find her niche and be happy. I am sure Kates parents wanted the same for her.
It takes all sorts to make up this world and everyone has their part to play. We all have to do what gives us happiness.
Oh I think Kate’s parents were very ambitious for both her and Pippa . I do find Kate bland and not very interesting and I do believe she probably did feel a bit miffed at the attention Meghan got as the “new” addition to the family.
Meghan lived in three different countries , had her own career , just had led a more interesting life.
That said two very different brothers with very different personalities were bound to marry very different women.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don’t think having tutors rather than going to school wasn’t a formal education. I think her father made sure she was very well educated as he knew she would need to be.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I don’t think having tutors rather than going to school wasn’t a formal education. I think her father made sure she was very well educated as he knew she would need to be.
I think it is fairly well established that the education Princess Elizabeth received was fairly basic. The governess taught French and piano. There was then a tutor for a couple of hours a day teaching history and constitutional law. The rest of the day was spent in outdoor activities and dancing. The Queen Mother felt that having fun was more important considering the life her daughter would have to lead later. The Queen has no qualifications. Princess Margaret fared even worse as she didn’t even get the history and constitutional law.
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
I echo the comments about this not being about Kate and Meghan, but I’m afraid I have to call you out on the comments about Private Planes, are you indicating Harry and Meghan don’t use them whilst telling the rest of us to save the planet?
I think it’s true of all the RF , Charles certainly.
William however was on a specific global stage and it dented the credibility of the message and image he was trying to convey. It seemed really ill considered . Do as I say not as I do never really is a good influencing strategy I would like to see them all ditch private flying.