Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Dec 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies
How easy is it to get into Split from Omis? On the T A website it says it’s 22km to Split from Omis.

I don’t know what’s up with me, I’ve never been so undecided about where I want to holiday, I seem to change my mind every couple of weeks.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We had the same dilemma over this, we have booked Split for a week in June 2019. We eventually decided on Split because:

Split seemed to have more places close by to visit such as Hvar, Trogir and Omis and Krka National Park

The beaches seemed slightly better in Split (not sure if this is true but they appeared to be to us)

We liked the look of the old town in Split more, and the promenade

Split looked flatter and less hilly than Dubrovnik, and slightly less busy

Accommodation in Split was cheaper, and I think the bars and restaurants may be cheaper too.

They both look lovely, and I don’t think one is considerably better than the other, which is why we seemed to take ages to decide too.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Thanks for the replies
How easy is it to get into Split from Omis? On the T A website it says it’s 22km to Split from Omis.

I don’t know what’s up with me, I’ve never been so undecided about where I want to holiday, I seem to change my mind every couple of weeks.
It is so easy. There is a fantastic bus service, which is very easy to use and cheap. We caught the buses all the time from outside our hotel, into the centre of Omis and into Split. Very straight forward to do.

There are also loads of taxis too and plenty of organised tours if you want a more personal service. We did a fantastic walking tour of Split and caught the bus there and back whilst staying near Omis.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Quietman
Earning My Ears

Plitvitce lakes are defo worth a visit too. Dubrovnik you have the city walls to walk. Split is much livelier and centrally locate. Easy drive to Dubrovnik if you feel like hiring a car. Both split and Dubrovnik are renowned for sea food. Either place will reward you with a brilliant holiday.
Quietman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Glad,I found this thread,as I have literally,just sat & booked flights to split,for next September.
A new destination for us,but I was so indecisive,about where to stay,I was a little concerned,about getting it wrong,but no going back now,so I am looking forward to doing my research & finding out,all about what the area,has to offer.
Let’s hope we all,have a lovely holiday
Tracy x
Old 31 Dec 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

After a lot of discussion over the weekend we have decided on a cruise that takes in both Dubrovnik and Split as well as Venice and somewhere else that I can’t recall the name of, so I’ll get to sample both
Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

After a lot of discussion over the weekend we have decided on a cruise that takes in both Dubrovnik and Split as well as Venice and somewhere else that I can’t recall the name of, so I’ll get to sample both
Sounds a brilliant idea, we visited Venice this year in June and completely fell in love with the city.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in Cvtat about three years, lovely litte resort ago. Its very handy for Dubrovnik, I think about a half hour bus ride away (we went by boat). Lots to see in Dubrovnik, fab for Game of Thrones fans
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies

It was around thirty five minutes very cheap one straight road bus ride, easey peasey!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

This is fantastic! One of my favourite ever cruise destinations, good decision Stecee, have a fabulous time!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List