Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 16, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Well all the roads are flooded, went to Applebees and nearly lost power in the car on the way back in flood of a foot of water. Driving along terrified and hoping we would make it back. Home safe now but dont know if we will venture out tomorrow!
The good news is that unlike in the UK the Florida roads usually drain very quickly after a storm. Hopefully things will look much better tomorrow.
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Are you in Orlando? We were at MK today from 9-2 and didn't even get that wet. Only put ponchoes on once and even that wasn't a downpour.

Much heavier showers in late afternoon but certainly didn't need to stay in all day.

OP I know the weather was worse in the West coast but there are indoor things to do in the Sarasota area besides shopping. We really enjoyed the Ringling Museum for example.
Donna. We were at DHS from 0840 until 4.15. Ok we had a 15 minute storm first thing and that was it. Most of the day we wore sunglasses as the light was so bright.
Just made it to the car though before the heavens opened.
Certainly no need to stay in the room.
Tomorrow is decidedly iffy but time will tell

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Think we have been lucky, had lovely day in seaworld yesterday, it was boiling. Did rain in HS last night but again today went to epcot and shopping and wasn't too bad, watched wishes tonight and was pouring but its only been the 2 evenings out of 12. Just hoping this passes quickly now.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Not sure if this helps any but we came for 2 weeks May/June 2012 & we had continuous rain as heavy as this for 6 of the 14 days - we look back at it now as not so bad & this is our third time we have returned & have still seen less rain than that in all of the days here since.
Then again I live near Manchester so my skin is pretty much waterproof!
MK tomorrow if anyone cares to join us - we'll be the ones with the ponchos on 😜
We will be in MK tomorrow morning joining you as it is DW's birthday and have an early breakfast booked for crystal palace and will go with the flow after that. Thinking on the positive side if wet should be quieter and shorter queues and I will get my monies worth out of the disney ponchos we bought today I know the weather wasn't great today but we still had a good day at Epcot and didn't leave till 8ish

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Edam1975
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Not sure if this helps any but we came for 2 weeks May/June 2012 & we had continuous rain as heavy as this for 6 of the 14 days - we look back at it now as not so bad & this is our third time we have returned & have still seen less rain than that in all of the days here since.
Then again I live near Manchester so my skin is pretty much waterproof!
MK tomorrow if anyone cares to join us - we'll be the ones with the ponchos on 😜
We're in MK tomorrow too!

1986 - Howard Johnsons / 1989 - Quality Inn / 1994 - All Star Sports / 2005 - Tuscan Hills / 2011 - Cumbrian Lakes / 2012 - Lindfields / 2014 - Formosa Gardens / 2014 - Emerald Island / 2016 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2018 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2022 - Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, LA, Disneyland (Grand Californian), San Diego / 2023 - Grand Floridian, Anna Maria Island, RPR
Edam1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Us too
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
... Thinking on the positive side if wet should be quieter and shorter queues and I will get my monies worth out of the disney ponchos we bought today I know the weather wasn't great today but we still had a good day at Epcot and didn't leave till 8ish
Yep that's our thinking just hope the ponchos are dry by morning as we had the evening in Epcot as well & got a little wet on the way out
Happy birthday to Mrs OutbackAddict for tomorrow
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
Originally Posted by Edam1975 View Post
We're in MK tomorrow too!
Great, more the merrier (almost neighbours aswell - we are at Sunset Lakes!)
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
Originally Posted by kylali View Post
Us too
See you tomorrow then

Better go now & sorry OP for hijacking your thread

Cheers
Les
Old 1 Sep 16, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Everyone is still having fun in Orlando and we are stuck in the backward floodwaters of hell!
Closed Thread