Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 22, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

To stroller or not to stroller that is the question.

Hello!

Please don’t judge me! We are hopefully heading out to Orlando in April and obviously we haven’t been for a long time. Last time we went the kids were nearly 2 and nearly 4 and we took a double stroller but this time they will be 5 and 7. I wasn’t going to take a stroller, I don't even own one.

Im just watching Knappily ever after vlog and they’ve got a small stroller. I think their child is about 4 and a half. It looks like the kids don’t use it a lot but it’s there for respite if they get tired. Would you take one for the 5 yr old?

We went to YSP not so long back and he got super tired after a few hours and hubby ended up with him on his shoulders so now I’m doubting my decision. My husband thinks I’ve lost my mind to even consider it and is looking forward to a stroller free trip but I’m worried we may be underestimating the walking given we’ve not been stroller free before.

Those that take 5 yr olds, do you take a small stroller? I do intend to get them walking to build stamina but we’ve had rotten weather recently so not really been able to get out much and time is running out. 🙈
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 11:47 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We went when our youngest was four and we took a buggy even though he no longer used it at home. It was useful for holding bags with drinks, sunscreen, ponchos etc. He could have managed without it but as it was the summer and got very hot at times, he was glad to sometimes take refuge in the buggy for a while.
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

When we went in 2014 my boys were 2 and nearly 6. We took our own buggy for the youngest and in our villa there was another buggy so my eldest used it a few times- especially at the start of the holiday when suffering from jet lag. I’d definitely take one.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

I would take a very light weight stroller. We had one for my 5 year old and she did get tired. But we were doing 15-20k steps a day which was a lot for her. Her 2 year old sister on the other hand did them all and then some 😂 if it were me I’d be looking for a decent second hand on from Facebook or other such ilk and leave it behind 👍
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

We took a buggy with a 4 and six year old and by mid afternoon they were fighting over having a rest in it. Don’t sweat taking it

Edited at 12:20 AM.
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Definitely take a stroller. Last time we went my son was 6, by the end of the 10 days he was really struggling as he was so tired and hot. We ended up renting one in Hollywood Studios for the day, and to be honest it was a relief in the end.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would take one. From memory your son has extra needs? The buggy would give him a place of respite, especially if he can pull a hood down to reduce his stimulation.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for the advice! I think I’ll grab one second hand.
Caj - yes you’re right he does! He refused to use a stroller last time which was partly why we said we wouldn’t bother taking one. He’s hyposenstive mainly, it’s low level noise like hoovers, hand dryers that bother him (he loves soft plays and parties). Crowds and noise generally don’t bother him but goodness knows what he will be like in Orlando so good point!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are bringing a 4 and 5 year old out for 5 weeks and yes the double stroller in the villa will be going to the parks
Especially if Disney trams are not running from the car parks
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you're staying in a villa check with the owners, we have three buggies for guests use. (We provided 2 buy they seem to have bred).
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List