Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Feb 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Ignore her - she is not worth bothering about. We have tenements galore here in Edinburgh also and you will struggle to buy one under £500,000 in some areas.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Ignore her - she is not worth bothering about. We have tenements galore here in Edinburgh also and you will struggle to buy one under £500,000 in some areas.
I agree with this ☝️☝️
As for Ms Welsh... she’s SO up herself
Not a fan..
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You are taking it too literally.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bluebell2go
slightly serious Dibber

Perhaps you could explain what she meant then. It just seems so hypocritical to me when she claims to be a mental health advocate. In my best Glaswegian - Aye right!
bluebell2go is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I didn't see it, but know that some people have the wrong impression of Glasgow, and its water off a duck's back to me.

Our previous house to this one was a ground floor tenement - with a maid's room if you please - For the avoidence of doubt, we didn't have a maid, but it made a nice wee nursery for DS

Dead posh us ;-)
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I don't like that programme so didn't watch it. I think I would be annoyed as well had I heard it. I know we should ignore comments like this and not let them upset us but that is easier said than done. I have only seen the tenements on tv and they are beautiful buildings. I doubt she thought about what she was saying but in the job she is doing she should be more aware of what she is actually saying.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Don’t take it personally, I live in a town in South Wales which is always being put down and ridiculed, in fact a series called “skint” was filmed here!
I don’t live that far from you then, my nearest town isn’t any better. Like anywhere, there are good people and bad
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Maybe we should all stop watching programmes like Loose Women, it’s another example of how social media/television can be unkind and makes people feel inferior, unloved or depressed
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bluebell2go
slightly serious Dibber

I have been feeling a bit low recently. That's perhaps why I've taken this to heart. I'm not clinically depressed or anything like that. Its more like low spirits after the winter and current political and world events.

Thank you to all who have helped me to get some perspective on this. And we have all managed to do it without insulting anyone!
bluebell2go is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

There is a documentary on how some tenement dwellers refused to
Be moved out into Easterhouse and became the first resident led housing association in the uk
Maybe she should view it it’s on you tube as well very interesting to me anyway
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List