Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindtnotlint
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile Skipping DHS?

Planning a trip to WDW with three kids (7,5,4), staying offsite. Looking at recent FastPass data it looks like we won’t be able to get any Fastpasses for SDD, TSM, ASS or MMRR. That’s pretty much the rides we want to do in the park (my 7 year old isn’t a thrill rides person). We have no interest in Star Wars as kids haven’t seen (we will do that next time! )

We have a general principle of arriving early but not “rushing a rope drop” because the kids would hate to be in a big rushing crowd. It looks like wait times rise really quickly at rope drop because of the whole boarding groups thing.

So...am I crazy just to skip it? It feels like although kids would LOVE to meet Woody and Olaf they really hate big queues and it’s hard to see how to have a fun day...

Thoughts? (Trip isn’t for a while but need to start plotting ADRs!)
Lindtnotlint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I thinks its hard to plan HS at the minute if you not going pretty soon (which is frustrating for all us planners) but it's hard to predict what the avaliability/ques will be like once MMRT opens and if/when ROR gets FP!

Could you do a half day - meet woody/olaf - some of the shows are good depending on what your kids are in too - Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Singalong or Little Mermaid.

I guess the other thing is, have you been before and will you go again? If you are likely to be back in the not so distance future then skipping it wouldn't be the end of the world - but if not would you regret not going at all?

In regards to ADRs maybe you could plan to grab a QS meal if you do decide to go then plans can easily be changed if it's too crowded and the kids arent enjoying it. You could leave a day free for it but then switch it up if you want to switch it up nearer the time? When do you go?

No idea if any of that rambling made sense apologies if not 😀
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am really under whelmed by Hollywood studios . I could easily not go and not feel like I’ve missed out. I do enjoy the frozen sing along though 😁
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Are you sure you won't get Toy Story mania or ASS- Slinky dog and MRMM are unlikely though. I think some of the shows and meet and greets are definitely worth doing. I think I'd try half a day and leave if you aren't enjoying it.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I wouldn’t skip it, we go in the morning do what we can and when we’ve had enough of queuing we leave. That applies to all the parks though, unless you’re going at a really quiet time (not sure when the quiet times are though) the crowds are unavoidable at Disney.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Can I ask what is MRMM? Thanks
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dan_the_man
slightly serious Dibber

dan_the_man's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Cupcake33 View Post
Can I ask what is MRMM? Thanks
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
dan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dan_the_man View Post
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Ahhh thank you
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

TSM and ASS are now tier 2 and I think there's a fair chance you'll get one or both at 30 days. You'll also get star tours, which should is fun, and would suit your 7 year old (and perhaps even the younger ones). Throw in Frozen sing along and one more show (there's a good variety to suit all interests), meeting a character or two, and perhaps queue for one other ride (SDD or MMRR) and I think you'll have a lovely day. It would be a shame to give it a miss altogether in my view.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Im a star wars fan however I hated the crowds at Hollywood Studios as its such a small park so there is nowhere for all the people to go who are visiting for the new star wars attractions and toy story land. But I wouldn't miss it out if I had a 14 day ticket. If I wasn't making it for rope drop then I would do the evening.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List