Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile How to sell my car?

I’m emigrating in about 6 weeks so need to sell my car privately. It’s a 2016 Citroen C1 in really good condition and with low mileage.
I’ve always part exchanged so have no idea where to start with selling privately. Any tips would be appreciated
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You could try webuyanycar.com or even going into a local dealership as we have sold cars both these ways in the past. The price may be slighlty less than you would get selling privately but takes the hassle and risk out of it. Failing that sharing on your facebook page and may get friend of a friend interested, local facebook selling pages, Gumtree etc would be a starting point.

Good luck.

Edited at 07:55 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
You could try webuyanycar.com or even going into a local dealerchip as we have sold cars both these ways in the past. The price may be slighlty less than you would get selling privately but takes the hassle and risk out of it. Failing that sharing on your facebook page and may get friend of a friend interested, local facebook selling pages, Gumtree etc would be a starting point.

Good luck.
AVOID webuyanycar.com you will be well and truly shafted!
Gumtree or FaceBay if you want a quick sale, but be prepared for idiots.
Maybe offer it to a family member for a fair price for them to resell?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
I think it depends on your branch/the staff member as we got a better price for our Mini selling to webuyanycar than trading in against another car. As long as you research the value before hand and are prepared to walk away it can be worth it for quick sale.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We've used We Buy Any Car twice now and both times got a price we were happy with and money in the bank in a few days.

No cost of adverts
No time wasters
No risk of dodgey bank notes

Might have been a couple hundred quid less selling via private sale but my time is worth more than that.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I think it depends on your branch/the staff member as we got a better price for our Mini selling to webuyanycar than trading in against another car. As long as you research the value before hand and are prepared to walk away it can be worth it for quick sale.
Agreed, but be very aware of what the numbers are and their small print too before committing. Get everything in writing. Trust me!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We got a great deal with WBAC.

Valued online at a higher value than any of the guides suggested (Parkers/Regit etc).

Took it in expecting them to knock off thousands because there were some serious paintwork issues. They took off a total of £300 which I was amazed at.

The end price was still higher than even the top-end estimates and way higher than I was ever expecting.

Can't guarantee you'll have the same experience but it worked great for us.
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I know two people who have recently used WeBuyAnyCar. One got a good price. The other was a fluke of some sort. His car was worth maybe £400 - they gave him £3000.
It is certainly worth getting. price from them.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d also recommend looking at the carbuyinggroup. They come to you too.

I think with any of the car buying companies you need to be honest about the condition when you get the initial quote. Then its harder for them to value it down. If you don’t like their offer you can always walk away.

You can always use those companies as last resorts if it gets nearer to you needing it to go.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wez View Post
I’m emigrating in about 6 weeks so need to sell my car privately. It’s a 2016 Citroen C1 in really good condition and with low mileage.
I’ve always part exchanged so have no idea where to start with selling privately. Any tips would be appreciated
We have sold two cars through gumtree. In both cases we weren't in a hurry to sell. First one was ours and we had bought a new one. It sold within a couple of weeks. Second car was DD's. She's away to Australia for two years. It took a few weeks.

I took plenty of photos, in good light and at good angles. Was truthful. Last thing I wanted was hassle from anyone coming to view. If you go down this route though be prepared for time wasters. We had several people message and all the message would say was a figure that was well below what we wanted, some people said they would come see and then not turn up, etc. Because I wasn't in a hurry it wasn't a problem. I had to drop the price slightly on DD's.

We did go on webuyanycar and the offer was terrible.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List