Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Oh no you haven’t I’m grateful you posted this! I’ve been in contact with Amy too as she’s in my predicament so I’ve been asking her thoughts too. I always forget about the TA forum will take a look!
I’ve already cancelled my Maui condo as the balance was due (a v sad moment) but I have $1300 for DVC so waiting on what’s going to happen. At first I was all for picking the hol up and tr it to next Aug but don’t want to go if it’s not going to be recovered. I want to do the luau’s ect. This is why I appreciate your post and opinions as I do not want to be like this next year so really thank you for this. I hope all the businesses survive :cry
Please please do read the TA forums because then you can make your own judgement rather than me passing it on through my own eyes xx

PS I hope it’s all fine by next August for you!

Edited at 10:01 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We did SanFrancisco and Hawaii Feb March this year our flights to Honolulu were really cheap with Hawaiian airlines then American back to Florida
We had a condo in Honalulu as our original beach house was sold in retrospect the best for us as we did not need car hire
Walked to the beach restaurant shops
We ran out of time at Pearl Harbour a full day trip The National Cemetery has to be one of the most beautiful places ever it took our breath away and the view
Dole a Plantation Whale Watching al amazing would do again
Doors off helicopter tour no way not ever again but glad we did it
Our one odd thing I love to cook and had expected fresh fish to be easily available it’s not in Walmart Target etc you’ve to use the very very small local shops but it’s amazing
We will go back to both that’s for sure maybe even Kono
Hawaii has so much to offer as does San Fran yet we both hated Las Vegas
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Please please do read the TA forums because then you can make your own judgement rather than me passing it on through my own eyes xx

PS I hope it’s all fine by next August for you!
I have been on and you have passed the information accurately so thank you. They are being extremely cautious and after reading it’s not the holiday I imagined so know it def won’t be happening this year. Next Aug who knows all we can do is wait and hopefully this virus will magically disappear!
Have you seen or read anything about the DVC as I can’t see any mention of it.

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I have been on and you have passed the information accurately so thank you. They are being extremely cautious and after reading it’s not the holiday I imagined so know it def won’t be happening this year. Next Aug who knows all we can do is wait and hopefully this virus will magically disappear!
Have you seen or read anything about the DVC as I can’t see any mention of it.
I haven’t heard anything about Aulani at all, I’m really sorry.

Like you I really hope it goes away soon, it’s scuppered our plans for DH’s 50th that’s for sure. Still we are all OK so that’s the main thing.

I truly do hope you get to enjoy the holiday you imagined even if it is next year. Whereabouts in Maui did you book your condo?

ETA generally on TA they are not big fans of Aulani but I’d guess the place to check would be the Disboards

Edited at 10:39 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I haven’t heard anything about Aulani at all, I’m really sorry.

Like you I really hope it goes away soon, it’s scuppered our plans for DH’s 50th that’s for sure. Still we are all OK so that’s the main thing.

I truly do hope you get to enjoy the holiday you imagined even if it is next year. Whereabouts in Maui did you book your condo?

ETA generally on TA they are not big fans of Aulani but I’d guess the place to check would be the Disboards
Oh no it’s just a nightmare it’s true we are all okey but the disappointment is horrible but it does need putting into perspective it’s a holiday and we can go again(it’s what I keep telling myself). It makes it worse as mine was all a secret and no one knew so a huge surprise but then on the flip side no one is disappointed apart from me!
Oh really no point in putting a question up there will check out disboards. I can’t see anything about it...
I booked this 1741928vb on homeaway (not sure if I linked it). It’s a little out of town but I booked it for the view and how modern is it. Let me know what you think...