Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 May 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

You had me at Hallo:Berlin pre trip stuff and London

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen this plan in the General Planning form where I asked for some advise but I didn't do a proper pre trip for such a short trip so this is an abridged version.

Myself and my friend Jess have known each other for several years having met at work, we luckily both got new jobs within the company in 2021 but have obviously stayed firm friends.

I'm Debbie, as usual...31 living in Brighton with Arron. His passport has expired and myself and Jess had been half toying with the idea of a holiday.

Jess is 24 and lives in Surrey with her very cute dog!

One thing we bond over especially is EUROVISION!

So last year we bought tickets to see Dadi Freyr(the Icelandic entry) and that gig is coming up in June. But post the 2021 contest we decided we wanted to go to Eurovision 2022.

The only issue with this is that when Turin got announced all the proces absolutely skyrocketed and we both kind of went off Maneskin, so we thought we'll go around the same time(Eurovision is 14th May this year) but that we would choose a city neither of us have been to before.

Another friend was close to coming but pulled out not too long before we booked.

So myself and Jess booked for Scandic Potsdamer Platz, flying from Gatwick 27th April-1st May.

Here is some further pre-amble...

London

After last year's Eurovison we both became real fans of the Finnish band who came 6th Blind Channel. It turns out that they were supporting Electric Callboy on their 2022 tour which subsequently got delayed to 21st April!

So only a week before Berlin we had a mini staycation in London too.

We met on the train into London and stayed at Euston Travelodge..embarrassingly it took us awhile to find the hotel on foot as there are loads of works at Euston station.

Before that we went for lunch at Blues Kitchen.

This was the beef baguette with bacon gravy dip and a coke as part of their £10 lunch deal.

It was really nice and chilled in the restaurant and good priced for the area.

We ended up in the hotel around 3:30 and were back down Camden High Street just before 5pm.

There was already a small queue for the gig but we went to the neearest pub to Electric Ballroom and had a cider. I had an Old Mout pineapple and raspberry which was around £6.

After this we joined the queue waiting for doors to open at 7pm.

We got really lucky here as the security opened a secondary bag check so we managed to get second row!#

First up were One Morning Left who are Finnish also and were really fun, but we were most excited for Blind Channel.

They were so fantastic as were Electric Callboy, and being the fangirls that we are we waited outside to meet them

I have never in my life thought of meeting someone from Eurovision before but here we are...

We walked back to the hotel and were there not long after midnight.

Next morning we popped to Starbucks for breakfast, no photos but I think I had a mocha and a crossiant.

And we walked to the zoo.

We get free access through work so we spent a good couple of hours here.

We had lunch at the zoo, I had a mozzarella, chicken something wrap and it was fine but at £6ish it was quite pricey.

Jess needed to get home so we left London around 2pm(she was off to Paris the next day)!.

We are going to see Blind Channel at least once in September

And next up will be 1st day flying and around Berlin
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Blind Channel were great at Eurovision, how cool that you got to meet them as well. I would have been tempted with Maneskin at the O2 but not for £95!

Look forward to the rest of your report
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Blind Channel were great at Eurovision, how cool that you got to meet them as well. I would have been tempted with Maneskin at the O2 but not for £95!

Look forward to the rest of your report
I love them way too much but they were also really nice as were the other fans we met!
Originally it was £65 or something but I was only wanting to pay upto £50 really and haven't really listened to Maneskin this year!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List