Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 13, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
... I've had the feeling for some time that Disney execs aren't making the best decisions when it comes to ships and itineraries.
I think you're right

We booked a Christmas cruise on the Magic and were really excited as we've never sailed on her before. I'll be finding out about her new schedule but if it's a 7 night Western then it will probably be too expensive for us over Christmas and plus we would have only sailed that route on the Fantasy in the summer.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Thinking about it, surely if the Magic is covering the Dream sailings while she goes into dry dock, then surely the Magic must be doing 3/4nts Bahamas cruises from PC? The Fantasy will be doing 7nt E.Caribbean so it doesn't make sense for the Magic to be doing 7nt Caribbean cruises too, or there are no Bahamas cruises from PC.

The Wonder will be covering the 4nt Bahamas and 5nt W.Caribbean cruises the Magic was meant to be doing (that seems to be definite).

What I don't get is, why get the Magic to cover the Dream and then the Dream to cover the Magic. Surely it would be easier to leave the Magic in Miami and then just get the Wonder to cover the Dream? Less messing about. Unless they think that people booked on the Dream would be less disappointed in the Magic, so that implies those of us who booked the reimagined Magic won't be getting all the same updates on the Wonder, otherwise it would be fine to send that to PC to replace the Dream.

So now I'm trying to find out what the Dream was originally doing from PC in Nov 2014, I didn't want to go on the Dream, but I might be interested in these if it is the Magic, depending on price anyway. I am sure there was a Itinerary F with double dip at CC around 13th Nov, which I was originally considering.

It does feel like someone has made a mess up, they must have known the Dream would need to go into dry dock, if they hadn't sorted the itineraries it would surely have been better to delay publishing them a bit longer so that they don't all need to be changed after people have started booking.

I also find it funny that DCL have put official videos on their facebook page saying there are changes to staterooms, like 44 new connecting doors, but reservations know nothing about it. P*** up in a brewery to coin a phrase!

Feeling sorry for the TAs, to people who don't know better, they might think their TA is letting them down, when really DCL is behind the mess and confusion.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
Thinking about it, surely if the Magic is covering the Dream sailings while she goes into dry dock, then surely the Magic must be doing 3/4nts Bahamas cruises from PC? The Fantasy will be doing 7nt E.Caribbean so it doesn't make sense for the Magic to be doing 7nt Caribbean cruises too, or there are no Bahamas cruises from PC.

The Wonder will be covering the 4nt Bahamas and 5nt W.Caribbean cruises the Magic was meant to be doing (that seems to be definite).

What I don't get is, why get the Magic to cover the Dream and then the Dream to cover the Magic. Surely it would be easier to leave the Magic in Miami and then just get the Wonder to cover the Dream? Less messing about. Unless they think that people booked on the Dream would be less disappointed in the Magic, so that implies those of us who booked the reimagined Magic won't be getting all the same updates on the Wonder, otherwise it would be fine to send that to PC to replace the Dream.

So now I'm trying to find out what the Dream was originally doing from PC in Nov 2014, I didn't want to go on the Dream, but I might be interested in these if it is the Magic, depending on price anyway. I am sure there was a Itinerary F with double dip at CC around 13th Nov, which I was originally considering.

It does feel like someone has made a mess up, they must have known the Dream would need to go into dry dock, if they hadn't sorted the itineraries it would surely have been better to delay publishing them a bit longer so that they don't all need to be changed after people have started booking.

I also find it funny that DCL have put official videos on their facebook page saying there are changes to staterooms, like 44 new connecting doors, but reservations know nothing about it. P*** up in a brewery to coin a phrase!

Feeling sorry for the TAs, to people who don't know better, they might think their TA is letting them down, when really DCL is behind the mess and confusion.
I doubt that the Magic is covering the Dream during dry dock. They can't just move the passengers from the Dream to the Magic without a lot of work and a lot of problems. The categories are the same, there are 50% less staterooms, etc. I'm pretty confident that they are changing the days of the week for the Dream sailing earlier than planned because they want a weekend day to be available for 7 night sailings. They may do a dry dock on the Dream, but it would probably result in no sailings during that time. I'm not sure how the maritime law works with new ships but in general ships must have dry dock twice every 5 years with no more than 3 years between dry docks. The Wonder is definitely due next year as her last one was in September 2011. I would think they wouldn't want to have two dry docks at the same time (costs too much in lost revenue plus cost of repairs/changes).

I ran into the same problem with the 44 connecting staterooms. I called DCL and asked if they had a new deck plan. They said it was a rumor that they were adding connecting doors. I said that someone should tell the lead imagineer and the hotel operations manager that then because they put out a video about it. Immediately, they reviewed the video and said they would look into it. This happens all the time. Decisions are made at the ship level and aren't told to the floor agents until later. The floor agents didn't know about dry dock on the Magic until April! We strongly suspected it due to no WBTA and a 6 week gap in the schedule, but the maritime requirements. Someone from DCL said in a video early on that the Magic was going to have an extensive dry dock and to stay tuned for more information. That never got to the floor agents. Some assumed it would be a dry dock for the same reasons we did, but were never officially told until April.
winotracy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread