Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jun 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Arrived yesterday - Standard SUV Sanford

Hello all, we arrived yesterday at Sanford and I thought I would let you know what Standard SUV we managed to get. I asked "The Women" what she had in and she said was there anything I was looking for? I was after a Santa Fe or Explorer. She had both in but said she could "hook us up" with an Explorer with Sat Nav. Yes please! Really nice car with all the extras and only 4k on the clock. Rear camera, cooled seats (bit strange lol), push button start etc. Not sure if this was an upgrade as it was in the minivan section but I am very pleased. Tipped accordingly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

We had the explorer in May and it was a great car. Loads of room loved the aircon seats. Check the key fob it may also have remote start which was great when approaching car after hot day in the parks. If I remember correctly you pressed the lock button followed by a circle button that had x2 on it twice. This worked when I was on the trams heading to the parking lots.
Ps love the dogs, I'm currently sat back here in cold uk with my very own tri cav sat on my lap while trying to find a Vills for next year.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done, nice car. Those cool seats are lovely, strange to start with but awesome on a hot day.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We got a Nissan Rogue very nice car
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

what is the appropriate tip in such circumstances
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barnsleyfan View Post
check you CC bill when you get home for an upgrade
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by barnsleyfan View Post
I suspect we all have differing views. For that I would tip $10 but when I sent the Alamo guy trotting off to National next door to get me a brand new Cadillac I slipped him a $20.

My view on tipping is have you physically done something? My Guy did but a swipe of a computer key is worth less in my view.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
We had the explorer in May and it was a great car. Loads of room loved the aircon seats. Check the key fob it may also have remote start which was great when approaching car after hot day in the parks. If I remember correctly you pressed the lock button followed by a circle button that had x2 on it twice. This worked when I was on the trams heading to the parking lots.
Ps love the dogs, I'm currently sat back here in cold uk with my very own tri cav sat on my lap while trying to find a Vills for next year.
DW and I had an Explorer for our west coast trip back in April, did about 2500 miles in just over two weeks, it was an awesome car. Cooled seats when it was hot, but was also amazing when it was snowing in Sequoia National Park. Wish I'd known about the remote start, I remember the markings on the key you mention, but didn't figure out what they were for.
The automatic opening/shutting boot has also gone on our "must have" list for our next car at home

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Sounds really nice. Like the idea of seat coolers.

Presume you are with Alamo.

We are with Avis. I have to keep looking at the various Ford SUV models as I get confused with them all starting with an E.

I think the order is Escape, Edge, Explorer and Expedition looking at Ford's site.

We have booked a Group W Edge or equivalent, but good to know ordering if there's the possibility of going up the chain.

Have a good holiday.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

We had a few choices upon pick up with Alamo a few weeks back including a F150 truck. We almost took the truck but it was just too basic on the inside. We ended up taking a lovely new dark blue Pathfinder. DH said it seemed a bit thirsty (think it was like 24-25 mpg though). It was a very room standard SUV I must say! Recommend it
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List