Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 12, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
MSC Opera

Found a 'would be mad not to book it' price on the above ship for the Fjords in May next year {half term} so we booked today - yipee! Anyone sailed on her or any advice for the Fjords would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Just going to move this to the Cruise forum where you might get more help.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Just going to move this to the Cruise forum where you might get more help.
Oh right thanks didn't realize you had a cruise forum! :-)

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 12, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I went on this ship last Saturday as a day visitor in Southampton. I found it a nice ship however we have been on Ocean Village to the Caribbean and NCL to Alaska and as this ship is older, its not as modern and glitzy. It's just not my sort of ship, but lots of people on the tour loved it. We had a 7 course meal in the main restaurant which was very good, lots of seafood! My Dad is on it again tomorrow!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

We sailed on it last year from Southampton down to France and Spain. We really liked it... it's not huge so it's easy to navigate around, the staff were really friendly and made such a fuss of our children, we loved the food - not English at all but that's why we go on holiday! The room was small but we did have two children and it would have been fine with just two of us, but we only used the room for sleeping and changing so not really an issue!

Not sure if I am allowed to post links, but you can see my pictures on Facebook if I'm allowed! Obviously ignore all the family shots!

facebook/media/set/?...l =47848d6b8a

facebook/media/set/?...l =424397d4ec
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 12, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Originally Posted by Paypol View Post
We sailed on it last year from Southampton down to France and Spain. We really liked it... it's not huge so it's easy to navigate around, the staff were really friendly and made such a fuss of our children, we loved the food - not English at all but that's why we go on holiday! The room was small but we did have two children and it would have been fine with just two of us, but we only used the room for sleeping and changing so not really an issue!

Not sure if I am allowed to post links, but you can see my pictures on Facebook if I'm allowed! Obviously ignore all the family shots!

facebook/media/set/?...l =47848d6b8a

facebook/media/set/?...l =424397d4ec

Thanks for the reply and the link to your photos they are great! We were offered such a great deal on this cruise we just had to book! :-)

Old 25 May 13, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

How was the fjord cruise?

Hi clucky1966, just came across your post about the MSC Norwegian fjord cruise and just wondered what your thoughts were. We too have an offer too good to turn down, but have read mixed reviews, would love to know how you found it. Thanks

Su
Old 25 May 13, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this thread! We are going on this ship this summer for our cruise! Never been on a cruise before - My Dad is taking us. Off to look at the photos now!
Old 25 May 13, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We've just booked a fjords cruise on the Crown Princess for September. Have done lots of research and joined the roll call on Cruise Critic plus the ports of call section for Northern Europe has loads of great info.
Not sure which ports you will be docking in, but for information we have set up independent excursions in Geiranger, Flam and Stavanger (we don't like going on ship excursions - too regimented and expensive for us).
Excursions are:
Geiranger - panoramic bus tour with stops at Eaglebend and Flydalsjuvet.
Flam - spectacular scenic railway (you can only book in advance for a group of 10 or more, so I got a group together on the roll call which gives us reserved seats, 10% discount and pay on day - it works out at half the price of doing the same trip - on the same train - through the ship).
Stavanger - Lysefjord and Pulpit Rock sightseeing cruise.
In Bergen we will just do a walk around and take the funicular up the mountain (Mt Bryggan?).
Still not sure about Olden, would like to visit the Briksdal glacier but the service bus stops running at the end of August, so we will probably pick the same trip through the tourist information office at greater expense!
Hope this helps.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 13, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Omega1. The MSC Opera cruise is from Southampton to Ijmuiden for Amsterdam then Flam, Stavanger and Oslo.

The other alternative we have is Voyages of Discovery from Port of Tyne calling at Flam, Sogneford, Geiranger, Olden, Bergen.
Closed Thread