Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 13, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Crossing the pond by Disney Magic: Day 7 - At Sea

I woke up at 3:15 and, I don't know where they came from, but I had all sorts of wild thoughts running through my head. I started thinking that I needed to get off the ship, that I wasn't going to make it through 6 straight sea days, and that even if I did there were still more sea days after those that I had to get through, and worst of all, I felt that I needed to see and speak to Gemma properly. A bit of history - Gemma and I met online almost 11 months ago and as we live a one hour drive from each other and only see each other at weekends, aside from the odd day here and there, we have 'chatted' online through Windows Messenger and Skype every day since, so going from all that chat to one text a day was taking its toll.

I lay there for half an hour thinking that I needed to go for a walk, but also worrying that if I did go for a walk and it didn't help what would I do then. In the end I stopped fighting the feeling, got up, quietly got dressed and slipped out the door. I went up to deck 9, got myself a cup of water and wandered round taking photos of the deserted ship.

These intrigued me – had they been forgotten? Left there deliberately to reserve the loungers already? Had somebody beaten me to the loungers, lol?

Continued in next post

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

I then wandered down to the Promenade Deck.

It was actually quite soothing strolling around a deserted ship and watching the water slip by in the darkness as we ticked off the miles towards Barcelona. After about half an hour of wandering I felt I was ready to go back so I made my way back to the cabin, slipped inside, got undressed and back in to bed. I dozed on and off until the alarm I had set to remind me to take a photo of the ships position every day woke me up at 8:00. Dad got up soon after and just after 9:00 we were in Topsiders enjoying breakfast.

After breakfast we took up our usual spot on deck 4 where we remained until 12:30 when we made our way up to the Buena Vista Theatre to watch Wreck It Ralph.

After the film we went up to deck 9 to get some food - pizza for me and a burger for Dad. At 3:00 I went off to do my daily 3 laps and then went back to the cabin to relax.

The show tonight was Viva Voce, a vocal harmony group who were really good, then it was back to the cabin, which our stateroom host was just turning down for us so we went out onto the balcony out of his way. We couldn't believe how calm the sea was.

We were back in Animators Palate for dinner tonight, and it was show night. I started with tomato and mushrooms, Dad had risotto, we both had the potato and cheddar soup followed by chicken, then I had double fudge chocolate cake and Dad had apple crumble. For those who don't know, show night involves the restaurant starting out in black and white and changing to colour during the meal, plus there is a special appearance by Mickey.

After dinner we went to the Promenade Lounge as usual then it was off to bed at 10:30 with the clocks yet again going forward an hour.

Day 8 - At Sea

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

Edited at 07:18 PM.
wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Quite frightening having a ( sort of) panic attack on a ship, glad you got over it
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Oh David, you really were missing Gemma weren't you? I'm pleased you found your middle of the night walk soothing and hope you are happy to be back home with your beau now

I saw Viva Voce on the 2011 WBTA and they were brilliant!
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Oh David, you really were missing Gemma weren't you? I'm pleased you found your middle of the night walk soothing and hope you are happy to be back home with your beau now
Yeah I really was. Very happy to be back but still a couple of days before I see her again.

Old 5 Jun 13, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your panic but glad it didn't last longer.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Them Sea Days can unnerve everyone... wife wanted to walk the plank after 3 of them Viva Voice were good though...
Old 5 Jun 13, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Not nice to have those sorts of feelings. Glad you got yourself sorted.
Old 5 Jun 13, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MRAven
Very Serious Dibber

Don't feel bad about the feeling of too much water for too long, it's more common than you think.

I'm not a shrink but I have heard it also happens in places like Sahara Desert and in Rain Forest Jungles. It's just part of your defense mechanism of not being in control of your enviroment.

The only way I know to deal with it is "The Pirate Way" drowning in booze.

Now, as you walked the ship at that time all alone did you get he feeling "This is all Mine, I own it, My Precious" ?

Edited at 07:20 PM.
MRAven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 13, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

Not a nice feeling to have hope it didn't last too long.