Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 15, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

Ummm, apologies but contrary to what has been said a lot of blu-ray players can be modified to play multi region - whether it be a hack, a mod like for many Panasonics or official firmware like Toshiba. Just google the model of your player and see. You never know.

As for stores, ones to look for in the Orlando are would be Best Buy, Target, and Moviestop. If you can drive, there are a couple of FYE's within a respectable distance. Both Moviestop and FYE also sell second hand discs so can get some great bargains.

Edited at 07:04 PM.
mckee74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
crunchman
Helping Donald

I found Best Buy to be our option once FYE in the mall closed, but don't expect any bargains compared to UK prices.

You'd be much better off ordering from amazon US to your hotel/villa
crunchman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 15, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jim Hopper
Earning My Ears

Hi

FEY at Altimonte Mall is the best for buying personallybotherwise I use blue ray .com usa site

Best software for playing blue ray is slysoft/en/anydvdhd.html works on any disc I have purchased across the world

Physically buying these days is a dying art due to online

Shame really

Jim
Court Of Flags 1981, Colonial Plaza1987, H Inn 1988, Days Inn 1991, Colonial Plaza 1993 Disney All Stars October 1999,2000,2003,2005 Royal Plaza April 2009, Disney Saratoga Springs September 2010,Monte Carlo Las Vegas September 2011 Disney's Saratoga Disney's Saratoga Springs June 2012 The Palazzo Las Vegas Nov 2012, Disney Saratoga Springs May 2013 WWDW Dolphin Jan 2014 Disney's Saratoga Springs 2015
Jim Hopper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 15, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rsbrowndog
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for all the responses.

I figured on-line would probably be my best option, to be honest I was thinking more about somewhere to browse and kill some time whilst other family members were busy with all the clothes shops!

I've been thinking about ordering some things on-line for delivery to our villa, but a bit unsure whether to do it in case the parcel goes missing or is taken to a collection depot that we can't find. Anyone with any experience?
Old 15 Jul 15, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

People stream music and Movies so DVDs and CDs are dying and the price difference is, in any case, not worth the bother of buying in Florida.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 15, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rsbrowndog View Post
I've been thinking about ordering some things on-line for delivery to our villa, but a bit unsure whether to do it in case the parcel goes missing or is taken to a collection depot that we can't find. Anyone with any experience?
i get regular deliveries to the villa when we go, and ive only ever had to be in to sign for a parcel once! (a macbook from macmall.com).. ive ordered thousands out pounds worth of stuff from the likes of amazon, and it *always* just gets left on the doorstep (or occasionally put in the mailbox if it fits). most of the time they ring the doorbell or knock, but some of the time they dont even do that!

the days of dvd stores are gone. if its not in walmart/target/etc, then buy online. it will almost definitely be a lot cheaper. i had a browse through B&N last time (killing time while the gf shopped elsewhere) and was shocked at how expensive the discs were.

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rsbrowndog View Post
Thanks for all the responses.

I figured on-line would probably be my best option, to be honest I was thinking more about somewhere to browse and kill some time whilst other family members were busy with all the clothes shops!

why not use a service like mockingjay services - then you can order in advance and they will deliver all your items in one go to your villa
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 15, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
I found Best Buy to be our option once FYE in the mall closed, but don't expect any bargains compared to UK prices.

You'd be much better off ordering from amazon US to your hotel/villa
Best Buy will pricematch Amazon (as well as physical stores like Target) if you go to the Customer Services desk and ask nicely.
mckee74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 15, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rsbrowndog
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mckee74 View Post
Best Buy will pricematch Amazon (as well as physical stores like Target) if you go to the Customer Services desk and ask nicely.
Ooooh, that's useful to know! Is that on all products, or DVDs and the like only?
Old 18 Jul 15, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

All products. It can be a tad handy. Sometimes you might have to be patient as they do check - great if the place you're matching has a website - but I've had times when they've literally called the place I was matching against to check!
Closed Thread