Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Feb 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Fun Spot on I'Drive .. Is it worth it?

Just wondering if anyone had been & hoping for thoughts / opinions in regards to value for money & the enjoyment factor.
Thanks in advance
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Mobile

Has no-one been or is it really that bad? 😂😂
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Been to Orlando over 10 times and never actually been there! It's been there a long time so someone must go!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to the fun spot at old town when we were there last August as we were heading to old town for the Saturday night car cruise and we got $25 per person fun spot gift cards free from ATD. It was like a traditional fun fair with dodgems, swings, bouncer, small kids rides, coaster and a big go cart track which we didn't use but were popular with bigger kids. We gave the kids the gift cards to have free reign and spend exactly as they wanted. Most of the rides for their age (10 and 6) were $2-3 so the gift cards went a long way. Bigger rides were more expensive. There were no queues and it made a pleasant change from Disney rides. Did we enjoy it? Absolutely. Did it stop the kids moaning about old town cars being boring? Yes. Would I go out of my way to go instead of a park night? Probably not. Would I go again if we were in Orlando on a no parks holiday? Probably.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Thank you for your feedback !
We've seen the I'Drive FunSpot featured on TheTimTracker & AdamTheWoo YouTube vlogs, otherwise we'd not have a clue it was there!
There's some deals on Groupon, so we might end up checking it out at some point
Thanks again 👍🏼
Old 21 Feb 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Not been to the one on Idrve but we did the one near Old Town last summer, the three lads did the go karting and we had a wander round. It was good fun and a change from the parks. We timed it to be there as some of the cars were arriving for cruise night.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We went on a rest day to the one near Old Town in 2015 - It wasn't planned but there wasn't much open in Old Town. The only part I really remember is the Go Kart tracks. My nieces and nephews (10, 8 and 6) enjoyed them. You can get double karts and so they can go on with an adult driving. We had loads of fun on them and next to no queues. I think the entry was $25 (it might've been cheaper for kids) - we got some coupons from Old Town that discounted the price and we really enjoyed the day.

Edited at 06:10 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List