Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Can't believe it's nearly your last day, where has that gone? Hope your dad is feeling a bit better. Can't wait to see your haul, or have you eaten it already?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 8 breakfast at HS, cocktail at FQ and kids have lunch

Now, this is the most healthy breakfast we had funnel cakes with ice cream

I didn't fancy sharing as it was likely to end up a sticky mess, plus we had loads of snack credits left.

Mum, Dad, Max and Kate all had the chocolate version

Dave and me went super healthy with 1 of our 5 a day

6 snack credits here. Perhaps we should have shared as Dave fel5 a bit icky and ended up having to sit out while we went off to meet Olaf

After HS we had a break at the hotel. I did some Laundry...code for drinking cocktails and dibbing! laundry was also done though.

I had a sunshine margarita it was fab.

While drinking my drink I was also what's apping dibber OB1 as she was here doing a universal trip. We'd said we would try and meet up sometime, but as I was, well, basically too lazy to travel and she is way nicer than me she said they would pop over to FQ after having tea at Beaches and Cream.

Meantime Kate came and helped with the laundry, plus she was peckish so she grabbed a flatbread for lunch. I figured I'd get a Margarita as the drink. Kate wanted BBQ crisps though as the drink/side so I ended up letting her get them as a snack. So this cost me a QS credit and a snack. I hadn't planned on sharing the flatbread, but this was really good and I had half of it, so rather than save the crisps for later Kate ate them then and there. They were BBQ flavour and crispy...not sure what else to say.

I poured the bottle of margarita in my glass (plastic cup) from the pool bar. It was nowhere near as good as the first marg!

Back to the laundry Kate helped me fold up all the dry clothes. It was now quite wet and rainy, so I showered, I appreciate most people don't go into so much detail in their food reports but it's by way of explaining the wet look in the next photo! OB1 had arrived and I went to the reception area to meet her. We had a fab time in Scat Cats.

I had a magical star cocktail my one and only of the trip it was delicious

She had a Mai Hai, which if they are as tasty as the ones in the pool bar then she was onto a winner as it was a fab drink.

Plus, in spite of my laziness she paid so not only had I made her trek all the way over to Disney when she didn't have Disney tickets she paid for me to have a drink. I owe her one and I'm hoping to be able to pay it back next summer at CBR .

I've even got a photo of the receipt, she made me photo it, for the trip report

I'm going to pause here. I'm hoping for a let up in the rain, it's now gone 4pm here and still wet. We've not made it to the pool at RPR yet and so I've not been able to sample any of those cocktails fingers crossed the rain let's up. I think we are heading to Cowfish later for dinner as Kate is really keen to head back there...if only the rain will stop.

As far as today's post goes the next update will be Grand Floridian with Narcoossees dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by katnav View Post
I saw you today Abby! I was outside the toilets in Hogsmede and heard someone shout "kate" so I looked up as it's my name and it was Max shouting to Kate as she came out the loo, you were next to him and then marched off in the opposite direction before I had time to react! Hope youve had a great day.
I'm sorry to have rushed off before you could grab me! I've spent a fair bit of time outside toilets herding up the old people and the young people over the last couple of weeks so I'm very keen to get going when they are all in one place at the same time

We got loads done in Islands and just made it on the wet rides before the rain came, we walked back to RPR in the rain as we were already wet. Are you here now? I can't remember what resort you said you were staying at

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Can't believe it's nearly your last day, where has that gone? Hope your dad is feeling a bit better. Can't wait to see your haul, or have you eaten it already?
Sad times it has flown by hasn't it there will be a photo of the haul, we managed to spend something like 20 snack credits in Goofy's Candy Store! And then a very restrained 5 snacks in Ghiradelli.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Ice cream for breakfast sounds perfect 😂 Good start on the cocktails today Abbey, it makes the laundry far more fun too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah we are at RPR. We had been on the water rides just before it started tipping it down so were soaked through anyway!came back and had warm showers and now waiting it out in our room for it to clear up before heading out to the parks again!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Ice cream for breakfast sounds perfect 😂 Good start on the cocktails today Abbey, it makes the laundry far more fun too.
I did some Laundry again before we left managed 2 more cocktails then!

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Yeah we are at RPR. We had been on the water rides just before it started tipping it down so were soaked through anyway!came back and had warm showers and now waiting it out in our room for it to clear up before heading out to the parks again!
Oh cool, I'm bored with waiting for the rain to clear up so I'm going to pop out for a look at the pool, may be if there is no lightning and thunder they will open it up? Wishful thinking probably. Have you made it onto Hagrids? We haven't and I can't see us doing it this trip.

Old 14 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The pool has been shut every evening except yesterday since we got here. We still haven't managed a swim but plan to do that tomorrow morning before checking out.
We haven't done hagrids. To be honest haven't even attempted it but did ask today and the queue was shut as the ride was down!
We are heading up to club for something to eat and then going back to the parks. If its still raining will just do the inside rides as it's our last universal evening.

Hope you enjoy your time at universal.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hope the rain clears up soon so you can get out. Can't believe it's almost your final day, those 2 weeks have flown by.

Don't you know there's no calories in any food in Florida Abby?! that's what I tell myself anyway

That flatbread looks lovely and loaded with meat, I think Caitlin would enjoy that too.

Such a lovely meet up with OB1 and those cocktails look amazing! We still have our ice cube here from Sanaa xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are sitting waiting out the rain too over at Cabana Bay ... we really wanted to hang out at the pool this afternoon so I could sample some cocktails ... i hope you get to use your pool tonight xx

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Mad Dog 2020 - what happy memories that brings back 🤢 or not!

Can’t believe it’s nearly the end already - that has shot by!

Lovely dibber meet up. Your poolside marg sounds fabulous.

Hope you enjoy the end of the holiday and the weather improves for you.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List