Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Dec 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

BOG Dinner - will characters be there?

Hi,

Just managed to find a couple of places to reserve for dinner but when I read the T & Cs it said there were no characters available at the time.

I thought the Beast was at dinner but now I can't find anything to confirm. Can anyone help?

TIA
Old 19 Dec 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Beast is at dinner but he doesn't come to the tables. It's a meet and greet in a separate room after dinner. Are the T&Cs generic for BoG, or does it specifically mention dinner?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Beast was at dinner last month - you meet him in the library at the end and he is announced when he walks through the dining room to that spot with a little royal fanfare. No other characters present though.

Sometimes in the T&C it says there is no guarantee of characters, etc - could it be that? They could be covering their backs in case all friends of the beast are off sick at short notice or something else that rarely/if ever happens but they wouldn't want to be refunding hundreds of tables if it did.

Keep the reservation for now and just keep an eye as you get closer. You can cancel up to the day before without penalty but you can't get a BOG reservation easily so better to have it and cancel if it becomes character-free in 38 days. (Exciting! )
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you both, guest policies referred to dinner but not necessarily BOG. Stupidly lost the reservation now but I'll keep trying.

I really like to meet the beast and feel maybe a waste of time if he won't be there.

Fingers crossed
Old 23 Dec 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
The Beast is in the study most evenings with regular breaks when he 'goes to speak to the chef'. If the Beast isn't there at the time you go there after finishing your dinner, they just set up a queue and you wait for him to come back.

There's often a round of applause whenever the Beast comes out so you'll know he's on his way.

I don't think they've ever done any other characters at BoG at dinner. I also think they say he's not guaranteed just in case they don't have someone available to play him that night - the costume is extremely hot and heavy, and it may be they only have a few suitable men who can play him.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List