Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jul 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Universal Express Pass - Changing Day?

We are probably going to buy our Express passes before we go on holiday but we are a bit concerned that you have to specify the day in case we change our minds when to go. Would it be possible to contact Universal if necessary and get the day changed when we are on holiday if so?
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
We are probably going to buy our Express passes before we go on holiday but we are a bit concerned that you have to specify the day in case we change our minds when to go. Would it be possible to contact Universal if necessary and get the day changed when we are on holiday if so?
Not 100% sure if they would change them as they do say must be used on date selected and non-refundable. Each day can be a different price and they do have a limited number available so I'd say unless you contacted them on a good day they wouldn't let you change them.

They do have a 'contact us' page on their website so I'd message them to check
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Penny.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

How many of you are going to buy these passes?., bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Three of us.
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

I would seriously consider staying the night at either hard rock or royal Pacific resort,this way you will get FREE unlimited passes for x2FULL days,probably work out cheaper for the 3 of you, judging by your countdown I did a dummy booking for rpr on 21/817, for x1 night via sunshine.co.uk(abta), cost £240-00, you can check in around 7am, ish then have all that day and check out day untill park closes,they mind your bags at hotel or simply put in car if have one, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
I would seriously consider staying the night at either hard rock or royal Pacific resort,this way you will get FREE unlimited passes for x2FULL days,probably work out cheaper for the 3 of you, judging by your countdown I did a dummy booking for rpr on 21/817, for x1 night via sunshine.co.uk(abta), cost £240-00, you can check in around 7am, ish then have all that day and check out day untill park closes,they mind your bags at hotel or simply put in car if have one, bondy.
I don't think it would work out cheaper for us really, it's going to cost us £406 for single day park to park tickets and £186 for Express Passes, a total of £592.

If we stopped in a hotel it would cost £240 for the hotel plus £406 for a single day ticket giving a total of £646.

If we stop in the hotel and go in the parks both days we'll need a two day ticket which will cost £627 plus the hotel for £240 totalling £867.
Old 14 Jul 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

I am with you now,you are only going for the one day splitting the two parks,I was presuming x2days, however if you did consider two days(don't mean to tell you what to do,it's just an option), £240-00 for night at hotel for 3 of you, then purchase a two day base ticket(1 park only each day) undercovertourists do this now for $208 (£165-00 x3 =£395-00) grand total=£635-00., in all costing the 3 of you £43-00 more between the 3 0f you, hey but I am trying to organise your holiday for you,please don't shout at me,but I just could not resist showing you these figures, enjoy,you willl,regards, bondy.
Old 14 Jul 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
moofisher
Trading Disney Pins

I would definitely go for a night in one of the premium hotels as it gives you the express passes. We have done this for 6 of us each time we have been. 1 day has never been enough for us at Universal so have those 2 days has been great and many rides visited in that time. The early opening hour is really useful too for the busier rides and a lot can be covered in that time.
moofisher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Its been a long time since I've bought express passes as like Bondy, we always stay in one of the premium hotels for the front of line passes.

When I have bought the express passes, I've always done it on the day inside the park and there have always been plenty of them available.

Please bear in mind also that what you are looking at are probably one use only passes rather than unlimited passes (which I think are much dearer and what come with the hotel stay) so you are not comparing like for like

If I were you, and you don't want the hotel stay, I would wait until you are actually in the parks and can work out whether you can do the rides without passes eg using the single rider lanes

I know the park prices have shot up recently but we always bought the 14 day two park tickets in the UK as these were almost as cheap as or cheaper than two day tickets. I don't know if that is still the case but once in the park, the ability to move from one park to the other (usually on the Hogwarts Express) was worth it to us

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List