Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Dec 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks again for all the replies.
I have now booked 15 (1 credit) restaurants, so that's leaves credits for Hoop De Doo and Yachtsman.
I am still considering cancelling a couple and adding Artists Point (we got married at wilderness lodge, so it's a special place for us)
Here's my list so far, to give you an idea of the sort of food/menus my family like. There's 5 of us, me, DH and DD11 (who will probably be ordering kids meals) and my parents.

Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill
Hollywood and vine (fantasmic)
Coral reef
Rose and crown
Sci Fi
50's prime time
Rainforset cafe
Planet Hollywood
T-Rex
Paradise 37
Raglan road (twice)
Whispering canyon
Grand Floridian cafe
And be our guest lunch.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure you’ll have a great time and you have some lovely restaurants and some novel experiences in there. Based on your criteria the yachtsman is excellent. Our favourite from our trip last month was citricos by a long way but I’m not sure this would suit fussy eaters.

The only other place I’d recommend which is 1credit would be Teppan Edo. It looks like it is fancy but it isn’t it’s just simply cooked food (I had steak and prawns) and a good experience.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
I have now booked 15 (1 credit) restaurants, so that's leaves credits for Hoop De Doo and Yachtsman.
I am still considering cancelling a couple and adding Artists Point (we got married at wilderness lodge, so it's a special place for us)
Here's my list so far, to give you an idea of the sort of food/menus my family like. There's 5 of us, me, DH and DD11 (who will probably be ordering kids meals) and my parents.

Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill
Coral reef
Rose and crown
Sci Fi
50's prime time
Rainforset cafe
Planet Hollywood
T-Rex
Paradise 37
Raglan road (twice)
Whispering canyon
Grand Floridian cafe
And be our guest lunch.
Unless something has changed, BoG lunchtime is quick service, even though you have to book. Just thought I should mention in case you are counting it as Table Service.

Also I thought Paradiso 37 was maybe South American cuisine (i.e. Might be spicy for your plain eaters? ) though I might be wrong about that as haven't been, but suggest you check if you haven't already done so.

As others have said, Citricos is amazing - love their food and never had bad service there. Superb ! Artists Point was ok but not one I would rush back to - maybe just the menu is not to our taste. We did have a wonderful server there once though - he was called Donald and he was the best thing about that visit.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Unless something has changed, BoG lunchtime is quick service, even though you have to book. Just thought I should mention in case you are counting it as Table Service.

Also I thought Paradiso 37 was maybe South American cuisine (i.e. Might be spicy for your plain eaters? ) though I might be wrong about that as haven't been, but suggest you check if you haven't already done so.

As others have said, Citricos is amazing - love their food and never had bad service there. Superb ! Artists Point was ok but not one I would rush back to - maybe just the menu is not to our taste. We did have a wonderful server there once though - he was called Donald and he was the best thing about that visit.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did know BOG was quick service for lunch, I was just listing everything I'd booked.
Paradiso 37 menu states, tastes of the Americas, there is South American food, burritos, tacos etc, but there is also steaks and burgers, so we will be fine with that. It was actually the last one I added and it was a choice of there or the Plaza, but it was more convenient to be at Disney springs than Magic Kingdom that day.
If we do end up cancelling anywhere, we are staying at OKW, so Olivia's is our back up plan, I think you can normally get reservations there on the day.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens

Edited at 11:44 PM.
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post

Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill
Coral reef
Rose and crown
Sci Fi
50's prime time
Rainforset cafe
Planet Hollywood
T-Rex
Paradise 37
Raglan road (twice)
Whispering canyon
Grand Floridian cafe
And be our guest lunch.
Having also travelled with fussy children over the years we have eaten at all of those and if that is the main criteria you are seeking to accommodate, I think you’ve chosen really well. That list will keep your kids very happy. The only ones I wouldn’t return to based on just our personal experience are; Hollywood and Vine (too many toddlers with their hands in the food and really loud) and T-Rex (enormous portions really made me feel somewhat sick!). One you have missed which is really good and good for kids too is Via Napoli. Pizza and huge desserts! I always have the chicken salad there but mine love the pizzas.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Overall I think you have a good selection on your list although, for the reasons cited by scoobydooby above, I wouldn’t go to Hollywood & Vine either. We ate at Mama Melrose for our Fantasmic meal last month and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
I also don’t think I’d do Raglan Road twice, unless it’s a particular favourite, just because there are so many restaurants to try. Skipper Canteen in MK is good fun and The Wave in the Contemporary is also lovely - best food and best service on our recent holiday.
Old 16 Dec 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

I only have 1 fussy child, but I have 2 very fussy men, my hubby and my dad. Both of them are very traditional English food eaters, they would have a roast dinner every day if I let them or sausage and mash, pie and chips, that sort of thing. They are ok with steaks and burgers, but won't eat pizza, pasta, rice, salad etc, and nothing spicy. Hence raglan road twice and Rose and crown.
Hollywood and vine is more for the characters, with the 3 character meals I think I've covered all the characters my DD wants to see, she loves mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and chip and dale, but doesn't like princesses.
Paradiso 37 and t-Rex are near the end of the holiday, so if we find we really like somewhere and want to go back again they may get cancelled anyway.
Old 17 Dec 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We tried a lot of Signatures on our honeymoon this year. Our favourites were The Boathouse , Narcoossee’s, California Grill, Flying Fish and STK.

I really don’t think you can go wrong with any Signature though. Just choose the ones that fit your tastes and your plans. 😬
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List