Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KCHO
Very Serious Dibber

Suncream for burner?

Next year we are planning on taking our foster son with us to Florida. I'm really worried though how on earth I am going to stop him burning. I've had him playing outside on a not particularly sunny day and his arms/neck etc have pinked (not burned) and on a hot day I put sun cream on went for an hour walk, put more sun cream on, spent another couple of hours in the sun and again his arms were pink. If he's catching the sun that quickly here how on earth am I going to stop him burning in Florida? He's fair, freckly skin with auburn/ginger hair.

Anyone any experience as the rest of us just tan, I don't know how on earth he can pink up with such little sun!
Old 12 Jun 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we use factor 50 for DH who is a burner!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I know everyone has their own opinion on which suncream is right for them. We swear by No-Ad (available in pretty much all Supermarkets & Drug Stores in Orlando). There is a No-Ad Kids variant too at SPF50.

To put it into context, we did Dubai in August - 45C heat & very strong sunshine. We went to Aquaventure waterpark for the day & applied No-Ad SPF30 3 times during the day, each time wiping off as much of the previous application as possible before re-application. We were outside in the Dubai sun all day and did not burn or even go pink. We are both fair-ish skinned, but will tan over time.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Piz Buin All day in the highest factor you can get, DD is that pale she's almost blue and glows but when we've used this she hasn't burnt. It does say apply once a day but I'd reapply mid afternoon too.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I'm a burner! Even in this country I use factor 50 and in hot countries I use the same and reapply frequently. I don't have a specific brand, I'm using soltan at the moment and that seems to be working fine so far. I don't like the once type ones - for me it makes me think I'll be ok when the likelihood is I'll need to reapply!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We have two red heads and used aldi f50 for kids last year july/aug and they didn't red up or burn just keep re applying it all day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Lightweight long sleeved shirt and a hat and sunglasses, and stay in the shade where possible.

I can't wear suncream.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Boots Once a Day factor 50 for children.
Tw blondes and a red head and all fair skinned and this stuff works for them.
I prefer the all day cream, we only reapply once - unless swimming, then more frequently - so the children are protected without covering them in cream every few hours
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I would recommend a UV rash-vest for the waterparks/pools.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We use Boots factor 50 once a day. Brilliant, not too thick or heavy and didn't burn at all last year. Did apply again after swimming but didn't need too at other times
Better than P20 we have used before
Definitely get a rash vest for swimming/waterparks
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List