Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jul 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

We are also big on villa breakfasts - our 2 children (6 and 3) got up around 7.30am every day so it was perfect to let them have cereal and/or toast - we either joined them or grabbed a pastry/doughnut in the park. We had a few ADR breakfasts and a few visits to IHOP but even then the kids still had something small at the villa before we left We got lots of fruit which the kids loved too.
Old 3 Jul 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When we did Disney when I was growing up I'd say we did 3/4 breakfast out the rest we're in the villa (same sort of food we eat at home), we'd take snacks with us and maybe grab something from the theme parks to share and probably had about half our evening meals out. The ones we are in we're easy things like rotisserie chickens and prepared salads from the supermarket, BBQ or pizza.

As a child we spent most of the evening at the villa in the pool, getting out to eat at home was annoying, having to get dressed to go out for dinner was the last thing we wanted to do (obviously this is different now I'm an adult).
Old 3 Jul 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When we did it, we did about 50% breakfast in the villa and the rest character meals/IHoP type breakfast (my children LOVE eating breakfast out!). I'd also pack loads of drinks, some wraps for lunch and snacks and then we ate out on the way home or we'd pick up a take out. Sometimes, we also ordered pizza to be delivered, too.

The first year I did this, I factored light lunch as we'd be eating large breakfast, but I should have doubled the amount as my children were hungry at 11 (guess they never ate as much as grown ups at breakfast) and again around 2.30!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
When we stayed in the villa and even in the hotel we would have cereal in the room (when in the villa and access to full kitchen we would also have toast, pancakes, bagels, omelette and ham and cheese toasties).

If going out to a park we would take a packed lunch, buy a sub from Walmart $6 and cut it into 4 and it would feed all of us plus some crisps, chocolate and snacks for the day in a cool bag, freeze bottles of water and they act as ice packs to keep all food cold. Also take some squashed juice to use for free iced water in the parks to flavour the water. 99p in Aldi.

If staying in the villa all day we would either have lunch out (take time out of the midday sun) and something light for tea such as a sandwich or toastie, or do it the opposite way round.

Either way we would only eat out 1 time a day, not necessarily to save money, (which we obviously did compared to eating out 3 meals a day) but because we didn't want to eat stodgy fried food all day long. We would either have lunch or dinner out each day.

Definitely take the squashed juice and make use of the free iced water as you will drink a lot and a bottle of water or Coke will cost you upwards of $3 in the parks.

Also as you say your kids are older try and make use of the dine4less card as that gives you a % off your total bill regardless of children's age.
I actually feel this is our family too. Those Subs are ridiculously good!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

I have just order 2 x large pizzas from Papa Johns. Will be more than enough for the 4 of us. $29 incl delivery.
Old 4 Jul 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

We have never eaten in our villa. I think the closest we came was when one party member put some bottled water in the fridge

This year we've got a few very early starts and are planning on eating in a couple of times. Maybe even the odd pool side evening snack as well.

One of these days I'm going to be in the villa when the sun in shining
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we eat every meal out, I don't go on holiday to cook, wash dishes & tiny the kitchen, the villa is a base for us just as a hotel would be
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Last year we cooked 2 bagels one morning and poured breakfast cereal. They were eaten at the breakfast bar. Kitchen table was set with lovely delph and napkins and seemed a shame for us to upset it!

Edited to add that we did get take out pizza and publix subs and ate them at the pool. Not sure if that counts as eating in or out but we're never bothered on where we eat it, the more important factor is who prepared it!

Edited at 07:38 PM.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Kathleen74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are here now staying in a villa, 2 adults and 2 children. We have had breakfast in the villa every day so far-just the usual cereals/toast/tea picked up from Walmart. If we are having a pool day then we will have snacks/drinks during the day-we stocked up on crisps/yoghurts/croissants/ice lollies etc...
We have dinner out every night either an ADR at Disney or a local restaurant on the way home. We did order Papa Johns Pizza for delivery last Saturday as our next door neighbours from back home were in Florida too and joined us for the day.
Kathleen74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
We do 1st week on site to make use of the character breakfasts on the DDP... CP being the first morning if we can get in..!

The 2 weeks after are in a villa where we have breakfast every morning, with the exception of 1-2 trips to cracker barrel
Breakfast in villa is cereal / toast and fruit juice from Target for me and the kids... DW has a yoghurt with fresh fruit

Never had dinner or lunch at villa as we like to hit the parks for full days, then pop into rolling oaks on the way hone for dinner and choose where when we get there..!
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List