Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Sep 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Thought about bringing it forward...

... but there is no DVC availability in Feb half term whatsoever. Christmas is too soon and we've promised to host for family. That leaves easter hols, some patchy availability but may as well wait until our booking in May.

Anyone else thought about bringing their trip forward with today's wonderful news?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have just lost a Mid October trip so did have a quick look at going early November.

Flights prices were ok although I doubt they are now!

However there was little or no availability of Rooms not just at SSR but everywhere so we ditched that plan.

To be honest we want heat so wouldn't go any later than up to the tail end of Nov so Xmas etc holds no interest to us.

We do however have a 10 day trip in February and then head back out there in Mid March.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
... but there is no DVC availability in Feb half term whatsoever. Christmas is too soon and we've promised to host for family. That leaves easter hols, some patchy availability but may as well wait until our booking in May.

Anyone else thought about bringing their trip forward with today's wonderful news?
Nope. We already replaced our October holiday with Barbados, Christmas will be far too busy so we'll wait for our Feb trip.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have just lost a Mid October trip so did have a quick look at going early November.

Flights prices were ok although I doubt they are now!

However there was little or no availability of Rooms not just at SSR but everywhere so we ditched that plan.

To be honest we want heat so wouldn't go any later than up to the tail end of Nov so Xmas etc holds no interest to us.

We do however have a 10 day trip in February and then head back out there in Mid March.
We want the heat too really, but quite keen to go back. No chance though as zero DVC availability even for the May half-term now. Usually there's the odd SSR or OKW room available, but this time nothing.

What's concerning is we're not even at the 7 month window yet.

We'll be clinging on to our May booking for dear life 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I don’t get why May would be zero availability. we’ve just booked a value 1 bed at AKL for 6 nights (over the Easter weekend). Are you sure it wasn’t a glitch?
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. As per the post above I think you hit a glitch.

I am seeing wide open availability on every type of room at SSR from end of April right through to the middle of June (That's the dates I checked)

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
homerj
Helping Minnie

I noticed that when i was searching for availability on the "front page" returned results indicated no rooms available. But when i the clicked on edit search i could see available rooms using the same search parameters.
homerj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I don’t get why May would be zero availability. we’ve just booked a value 1 bed at AKL for 6 nights (over the Easter weekend). Are you sure it wasn’t a glitch?
Ooh, possibly. I'll try it again later. I was searching for all types too.
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Won't be bringing forward. As each cancellation came along I diligently booked backup slots. Thankfully had enough points in the bag to be able to hold quite a few nights at once.

Got December 2021 booked, availability for that went months ago with the glut of points in the system. As the months ticked by and we had the International policy details I booked a week in March 2022 with the aim to swap out the points rolled over in Dec to use by May 2022. We'd either then use the booking ourselves or sell them on (already have a deposit on the Rosen on I-Drive).

With the border open and all those points expiring in May 2022 should see some return to 'normal' DVC patterns.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Looks like it was a glitch. I clicked "edit search" and everything is indeed wide open for May. Already got CCV for that.

Feb, nothing available for the full school holiday. But there is stuff showing that wasn't before.

How strange. Thanks guys.

Must admit, i'm jealous of you guys that put chips on Dec and Feb. You've won at the poker table 😂