dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad she got her mermaid swim and in the mermaid pool too
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Sunday.
We checked in around 12.
It was super busy and the room wasn’t ready so we headed to the pool.
The pool is lovely and we ordered drinks and lunch from the pool staff.

James had the Shrimp salad, Minnie mac and chesse and Noah steak frites.

James had a Moscow mule and i had a Explorita- this was amazing.

They do 2 levels of kids meals. One for under 8 and one for under 12 called the Young Culinarily, which is broader and Noah happily ordered from here.

We waited and waited for the food. Our neighbors order was delivered to us and we alerted the server.

Another food order came to our neighbor 10 minutes later and they started eating it. I did wonder if it was ours but as they hadn’t returned it we assumed not.

After 45 minutes we went up and asked. Our order had gone to our neighbors.

They then remade it which felt like it took forever. Minnie was hungry and Noah was steadily eating M and M’s!

The server brought us extra drinks and then eventually our food arrived. The kids ate everything which was a bonus.

Lunch with the 2 drinks $74.00
The server came over and apologised for the long wait and said the manager wanted to cover the cost of lunch due to the mess up. We had conveyed that we understand these things happen and didn’t feel this was necessary but she cleared the bill.

We then went to the lazy river and then had the text to say our room was ready.
We had booked a standard room ( like last year). Our room was 401, which was much lower than last year. We went in and the room was beautiful but the balcony faced directly onto another roof. You couldn’t see anything else.
I called reception to see if any other rooms were available. We had 2 options. One floor up or pay $20 to upgrade to a Golden Oak room. We choose the second option and ended up on the 9th floor.
The new room wasnt ready for 40 mins so we went to Lickety Split which is the icecream/ coffee story.

Minnie had a rice crispy cake ( which looked like a watermelon)

Noah had salted caramel ice cream.

James had a beer and i had a ‘ on the rock cockatil’

Cost $28.22
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love the idea of a two tier kids menu and I wish Disney would introduce this. At almost every meal we have had Eva has had to adjust the adult menu or ask to see the kids menu which is very limited in choices. They are classed as adults at 10 for dining purposes but not catered for.

I like the look and sound of your cocktails 🤪😊😋

Glad they comped your lunch it was the right thing to do.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

When we got to the room, we pottered around unpacking and sorting bag.
It was like Piccadilly Circus at one point with 5 different knocks on the door. Well dings on the door bell!

First a bed rail for Minnie with a gift of a soft toy and baby toiletries ( she loved these)

Then bathrobes for the kids with dressing up wear.

A DVD player, which we had requested to watch Descendants 3. We got one at Walmart on the way.

Then champagne and chocolate as a anniversary gift and sweets for the kids.

Then our bags. All very kind and nice delivery. Before we left the room for dinner they tried to deliver the chocolate and fizz again?! We did decline this and explain it had already arrived.

We went to Ravello for dinner.
They are participating in Magical Dining month. This gives you 3 courses for $35.

James and i had this. Noah decided he wanted the older kids option and Minnie had spaghetti bolognese.

The kids both had Shirley Temples to drink.

James and i ordered the same dishes which were

Starter- Arancini -Crispy risotto balls, tomato, mozzarella, spicy sauce

Main-

Cernia- Local snapper, saffron risotto cake, lemon, fresh herbs

Pudding

Semifreddo Alle Nocciole
Sea salt caramel, piedmont hazelnuts

The starter was lovely. James loved the fish. I didnt like the lemon sauce but the fish was cooked nicely. Noah ate my pudding and said it was like ice cream.

They offer 3 reduced wines and we had a bottle of daughter prosecco. $45 down from $65

Four Season offer 5 year old and under free food at the main restaurant ( Ravello, PBJ and Plancha) so Minnie food was complimentary. This is a family friendly offer.

Noah want the petit fillet off the young culinary menu which was $16.

The waiter asked him if he wanted a 4 or 8 oz Steak. We should of queried it at this point but the kids menu doesn’t specify a size. Noah said he wanted it medium rare.

The steak came and was good.

The meal was quick. We sat down at 7 and asked for the bill by 8. The kids were delighted by this as they wanted to swim in the lazy river before it shut at 9pm( not the best idea after nearly 2 bottles of fizz)

The bill came and there was a item on it call Manzo $59.

I couldn't work out what it was until i looked on the Ravello menu on MDE and it was a 16 oz rump steak. We then worked out that this was Noah steak but his was only a 8 oz.
We questioned the waiter and he said yes it was and he had swapped the rump( 16oz) for the sirloin(8oz)
Noah was mortified. Clearly it wasnt his fault. We should off queried it and the waiter should of explained the increased cost and not just done it.
They ended up charging us double the cost if the young culinary menu $32.
I still feel the waiter approach was cheeky!

Total bill $ 162 ( not including tip)

We then did 3 laps in a very quite lazy river, Descendants 3 dvd and bed!

Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow that’s really cheeky to upsell the steak and not explain the increased cost ..😳

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Wow that’s really cheeky to upsell the steak and not explain the increased cost ..😳
I know. I woke up this morning thinking about that. 😣 he was fairly pushy through out dinner. If we were going to spend that on a steak then i think we would of gone to Capa😊
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I agree, that is naughty, I am
not sure I would have been able to let that go 😡
Looks fabulous at the 4 seasons as does club at BC off to research rooms for 6 😀
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Sounds like you are settling well at the four seasons.
A long wait for your lunch but they dealt with the issue well!
I like the two tiers of kids menus.
You should complain about that waiter, upselling without advising costs is bad enough but to do this to a child is just taking advantage.
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'd take that steak picture and the bill back to the restaurant manager and ask what they think of it, somethings not adding up. Even doubling the $16 petite filet is only $32. It's very underhand and naughty not explaining in advance what the charge was.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank all. Its been bugging me all day so going to raise it. Will update on how i get on!