Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone booked Trailfinders for peace of mind policy?

I usually book independently but this year having read about Trailfinders peace of mind policy I decided to price them. They were more expensive than booking everything separately but after talking about 3 times with the sales agent I decided to book through them due to the peace of mind policy. I was told that if a country was on amber the week we were due to go we could cancel for full refund. My full payment is almost due now and I wanted to enquire over a couple of things and they’re now saying if you gave to isolate on return you can refund but not if it is on amber. They’re trying to tell me that was the way all along, but that is definitely not what I was told. If it’s amber I don’t want to go in case it then goes to red when we we’re over there. It happened to us last year in Croatia and we had to isolate on return, we have then just had to isolate again as the kids had Covid and I’m not sure how understanding my husbands work place will be.
I really wish I hadn’t booked but when I did the traffic light system seemed a lot more stable than last year and the Trailfinders policy seemed excellent but I now feel I’ve been totally conned and really don’t know what to do about paying the balance.
Old 15 Jul 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

I understand you may have concerns but if youre worried about Amber, there's absolutely nothing stopping a Green country going to Red straight away. Red is for countries which they identify a Variant of Concern...that could happen anywhere
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s just more likely an amber will go red then a green will go straight to red. I’m fuming as it was sold as if it was amber I could cancel and now they’re not saying that at all.
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

My parents were on a Dubai trip, followed by a cruise round the South China seas back in Feb last year when all the Covid stuff started to kick off. All booked through Trailfinders.

They cannot speak highly enough about Trailfinders, who kept in touch with them throughout the disrupted cruise (which was abandoned after 3 days). Trailfinders took care of everything, constantly re-arranging flights back to the UK with Emirates as the ship was looking for a port that would allow them to dock to offload the passengers.

More significantly, Trailfinders hold client money in escrow until after the client returns to the UK - when Trailfinders are then billed by the hotels / cruise line etc. Parents had a refund of all the un-billed money within 10 days of their return to the UK, including a full refund for the abandoned cruise.

This was at the time when many travel companies & airlines were saying anything up to 120 days for a refund to be processed. (More than likely because they had spent the money in the client account as on-going cash flow... yes, I am looking at you Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Holidays).

The saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind! Yes, Trailfinders are not the cheapest, but they look after you left right and centre if things start to go wrong while you're away.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

They were always very good in the past when used many years ago which is why I’ve been happy to pay a bit more this time but I really feel they have shifted the goal posts for their convenience but I’ll see what they come back with.