Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Sep 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Do you still need book your attendance days at Disney?

Not really been paying attention whilst we were banned but is that still a thing?

We weren't going to do Disney as only there for a week but DW & DD say its a must. That candle is going to be burnt both ends that week 😳🤣
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes. Chapek was just singing the system's praises the other day. It's not going anywhere.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yes, at the moment (and for the foreseeable future) you still have to make park reservations for the first park you visit each day.

For info, there are some details on how to do this on Disney's website:

disneyworld/experi...-reservations/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Unfortunately yes. The days of going to the park of whichever bus turns up first are sadly gone.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Unfortunately yes. The days of going to the park of whichever bus turns up first are sadly gone.
In a way you can still do that, although that's perhaps because it's not too busy at the parks at the moment. Right now all the park are available to book for today.

So you can still wait for whichever bus turns up first then, whilst on the bus, book a reservation for the park you are going to. You don't have to book the reservation weeks in advance.

Of course, I suspect that won't be the case come Thanksgiving time or Christmas time. Then again, there was always the danger that one or two of the parks would reach capacity during a busy period back in the good ol' days.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hodd10
Earning My Ears

Booked the reservations for our trip next year in July. The most annoying thing is that it stops the spontaneity. Last trip we had a rough schedule but moved it around a fair bit depending on how we felt. Now I feel that I'm tied to a park on that morning.

Waiting till 2pm to park hop as well is annoying!
hodd10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
In a way you can still do that, although that's perhaps because it's not too busy at the parks at the moment. Right now all the park are available to book for today.

So you can still wait for whichever bus turns up first then, whilst on the bus, book a reservation for the park you are going to. You don't have to book the reservation weeks in advance.

Of course, I suspect that won't be the case come Thanksgiving time or Christmas time. Then again, there was always the danger that one or two of the parks would reach capacity during a busy period back in the good ol' days.
You still have to check availability and I don't like being a slave to my phone. I prefer to leave it in my room when I go to the parks.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You still have to check availability and I don't like being a slave to my phone. I prefer to leave it in my room when I go to the parks.
Check the bus times before you leave the room, book the first one showing on the board and then head off. Sorted. Although the days of leaving phones behind are probably gone, unless you're planning on doing standby only. Even DAS is being pushed towards the app (although should still have the assistance kiosks available).

Edited at 05:27 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

You can still park hop after 2pm if you have the correct ticket.
Old 24 Sep 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Check the bus times before you leave the room, book the first one showing on the board and then head off. Sorted. Although the days of leaving phones behind are probably gone, unless you're planning on doing standby only. Even DAS is being pushed towards the app (although should still have the assistance kiosks available).
Good idea. I am planning on doing standby only. I go solo and am not in the best of health so prefer to do things on the fly so to speak. I go late September and never have to wait long for the rides I like. At least I didn't in 2018 and 2019.