Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2017dream View Post
we got that email yesterday also and booked through the WDTC too...
In our 16 trips we have never used the pool up until last time and loved it , but with feb hours short we had planned to use it every night ...
So to be honest we are gutted 😣
Disappointing isn’t it?
I just know DS will be disappointed and we’ve waited so long to go. I’ve emailed today to see if other pools will be available for use. I’ll let you know what they say. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Disappointing isn’t it?
I just know DS will be disappointed and we’ve waited so long to go. I’ve emailed today to see if other pools will be available for use. I’ll let you know what they say. 👍🏻
Hi...i know there's other things to do but when you have planned it and looking forward to it it is disappointing..thanks for that , fingers crossed 🤞
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Updated

Well, I’m even more disappointed now. I rang the WDTC and asked what my options were. The person I spoke to really did not seem interested at all in helping me and basically said I could have a refund or move my dates. I certainly did not feel any Disney love. 😔 Her demeanour was one of total disinterest.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Updated

Well, I’m even more disappointed now. I rang the WDTC and asked what my options were. The person I spoke to really did not seem interested at all in helping me and basically said I could have a refund or move my dates. I certainly did not feel any Disney love. 😔 Her demeanour was one of total disinterest.
Oh no, I’ve had a message back but only ask my name and email address to check on the booking. Will let you know if I get anything more positive. Tbh I think they will say the same.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Oh no, I’ve had a message back but only ask my name and email address to check on the booking. Will let you know if I get anything more positive. Tbh I think they will say the same.
Yes, please update. It was her total lack of empathy/interest that bothered me. She just did not care.🙄
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

So got a reply today.
Basically the same, apologised and that the pool wasn’t due to be closed when you booked but now is and you are free to change hotels, obviously at the current prices which are more than three times what we have booked for.
Tbh I didn’t expect anything.
However this is just the standard reply from them.
I’m going to reply back asking what pool I can use instead!
Will keep you posted

Edited at 09:39 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
So got a reply today.
Basically the same, apologised and that the pool wasn’t due to be closed when you booked but now is and you are free to change hotels, obviously at the current prices which are more than three times what we have booked for.
Tbh I didn’t expect anything anything.
However this is just the standard reply from them.
I’m going to reply back asking what pool I can use instead!
Will keep you posted
Good Luck! 🍀
Old 11 Oct 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

This seems really odd. When we went in December 2018 the pool at Sequoia was closed but they were letting you use the pool at Newport Bay.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I got the email today and am really annoyed about it as I booked the Sequoia Lodge largely because of the pool.

I need to speak to DH about it, but I don’t really want to change dates again, but I know that we really like having a pool (have used it on 2 out of 3 trips to DLP).
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I’ve just received the same email about April trip. I’m disappointed as it’s the first Disneyland hotel I’ve booked with a pool. I might just change it to the Santa Fe.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List