Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by ScoobyRay View Post
There was a guy that was streaming from the Gas station in Islamorada whilst Irma was approaching that went offline on Saturday. He was staying put so that he could serve the emergency services after the storm had passed over. Hope they are ok there
He was streaming quite a lot during the storm and then did some afterwards, showing some of the damage and emergency services etc.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoobyRay
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
He was streaming quite a lot during the storm and then did some afterwards, showing some of the damage and emergency services etc.
Thats great, I was worried about them in the station. He kept going outside into it, absolutely crazy. Thanks for the update
ScoobyRay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

We're also due to visit Miami Beach, Key West and Duck Key in just over 4 weeks. I wonder how long before we'll know how likely it is. All booked separately so if accommodation is a no go we'll need to rethink as won't get our flights refunded.

It's so sad.
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by MrsMouse93 View Post
We're also due to visit Miami Beach, Key West and Duck Key in just over 4 weeks. I wonder how long before we'll know how likely it is. All booked separately so if accommodation is a no go we'll need to rethink as won't get our flights refunded.

It's so sad.
CNN had a report on the damage on the Keys just after lunch, I would check it out, they haven't fared well at all.
Old 12 Sep 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you have a link at all? Saw something earlier but it went as far as Marathon. I'm assuming/fearing the worst tbh but don't want to jump in and cancel. The key west accommodation can be cancelled up until next weekend. Feel so bad for everyone that I don't even want to email for an update as if they even know yet, they must be inundated.
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Do you have a link at all? Saw something earlier but it went as far as Marathon. I'm assuming/fearing the worst tbh but don't want to jump in and cancel. The key west accommodation can be cancelled up until next weekend. Feel so bad for everyone that I don't even want to email for an update as if they even know yet, they must be inundated.
I saw it on TV, CNN channel. Duck Key was hit badly I know that.
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Similar situation here fly to Miami heading to keys for a week.
So sorry for them all in the keys.
We are renting a condo and waiting to see the damage but it doesn't look good
We love the keys, my heart goes out to them.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lancer01
Proud to wear my Ears

Have cancelled my 2 days in Marathon and 1 day on Marco Island in 3 weeks time. Now going Cocoa Beach for 2 days and Clearwater for 3 before we go to Orlando. Would have been my first time heading down to the Keys. Hope everyone gets the help they need to rebuild their homes businesses and lives
Lancer01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

CNN banner headline right now:

"FEMA state 90% or Florida Keys homes damaged or destroyed"
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've changed our plans . Instead of flying into Miami then driving down to key west and internal flight to Tampa we are now flying LHR to Nashville via Atlanta. Need to cancel trip to dry tortugas but no power in key west so no internet access. Also try to cancel silver airways flights - they're based in fort Lauderdale so will try and contact them later

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List