Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 20 Sep 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hi, my name is Alicia and I am a shopaholic - shopping report Aug/Sept 2017

Hello
As the title suggests I am somewhat fond of a bit of shopping whilst on holiday to Florida
Once home I realised I had taken photos of everything I bought plus kept most receipts so thought it would be a good idea to show you all my haul!
We were in Florida for 3 weeks and boy did my bank balance reflect this

AIRPORT
One of my favourite parts of Travel Day is going in to the Duty Free at the airport. I know it's no longer that much cheaper now that we have the internet however I just LOVE saving up and splurging when I'm there.

Dynamic Skin Recovery - £55.40
Multi Active Toner - £26.65
Molten Brown miniature bottles - £14.95 (such a bargain!)
Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia - £70.40
Whilst I was paying I had a trainee guy serve me who was being helped by his manager. It didn't take too much longer but as a thank you I recieved a VIP voucher for 22% off any further purchases. Very handy as my partner hadn't done his shopping yet!

So in to Duty Free again where we bought
Police sunglasses - £85
Ray Ban sunglasses for me - £95.80
Tom Ford aftershave - £70.30
Altogether this should have come to £251.10 but we got £55.24 taken off bringing the total down to £195.86. Happy as Larry!

Just as we were heading to the gate I spotted a Dune shoe shop which is my fave so darted in there telling the others I would meet them there.
2 pairs of ballet pumps later! In my defence I was going to buy these anyway for work so with £10 off each pair I thought it was a no brainer £100 for both

We had a stopover in Dublin so naturally went to check out their Duty Free.
Came away with this MAC lipgloss - €18.70

SUPER TARGET
We ended up in here on our first day. Hands down one of my favourite shops, ever!
This was my little haul plus I bought some fruit that we had forgotten in our main shop in Publix
$127.11 altogether inc tax

Just before going home we 'popped' in here to get some last minute goodies to take back with us

UNIVERSAL
I'm a sucker for tree decorations so in the Christmas shop in Islands of Adventure I bought
$16.95

$9.95

$9.95

$9.95

Total $49.85 inc tax

Magnet from Universal store - $7.41 inc tax

Starbucks Universal Studios mug - $13.57 after a very kind cast member spread a little magic by using her staff discount for me. Maybe she had wizarding powers and knew what my credit card statement looked like already

Bubba Gumps magnet - $4.26 inc tax

Havaianas from Billabong in Citywalk - $34.08 inc tax

LAKE BUENA VISTA FACTORY STORES
Tommy Hilfiger
$14.99 from $44.99

$26.99 from $49.99

$14.99 from $49.99

$33.49 from $54.99

Converse for DD
T-shirts - $9.99 each reduced from $19.99

Calvin Klein for DD
T-shirt - $16.99/$18.09

KISSIMMEE CLEARANCE OUTLET
This is a very small shopping village in downtown Kissimmee. If you're looking for shiny polished shops then don't come here BUT the bargains were so much better!
Tommy Hilfiger
$12.99 from $59.99

$14.99 from $64.99

$19.99 from $109.99

DISNEY
Mickeys of Hollywood - Hollywood Studios
Puzzle - $19.95/$21.25 inc tax

Legends - Hollywood Studios
Star Wars t-shirt - $24.95/$26.58 inc tax

Windtraders - Animal Kingdom
Banshee for DS- $59.99/$63.89 inc tax. Modelled by my lovely nephew who also bought one. The queue to buy one of these is fairly long so be prepared to wait.

Island Mercantile - Animal Kingdom
T-REX t-shirt - $24.95/$26.58 inc tax. This makes me laugh and laugh! I now wear it to bed

Mickeys Pantry - Disney Springs
Spoon Rest - $9.95

Pancake Mould - $7.95

Spatula - $9.99

Trivet - $14.95

Reusable ice cubes - $7.99

Magnet - $9.99

Plates - $22.99

Character Warehouse - Vineland Outlets
Baubles - $9.99

Christmas Cards - $6.99

Total inc tax - $18.09

World of Disney - Disney Springs
Dug - $16.95

Mousegear - Epcot
Measuring cups - $14.99

Measuring spoons - $9.95

Photo album - $19.95

Celebrity 5+10 - Hollywood Studios
Tea Towels - $21.99/$23.42

PREMIUM OUTLETS VINELAND AVE
Kate Spade. It was the usual 60% off then a further 20% off. Both of these should have been $379.99 each!
Nude bag - $129/$137.39

Blue bag - $129/$137.39

PREMIUM OUTLETS I DRIVE
North Face. As it was Labour Day they had at least 60% off EVERYTHING in store so bought -
Coat - $89.99/$95.84 down from $299!

Hoody for DS - $34.95 down from $89.99

Adidas for DS
Jogging bottoms - $34.99

Hoody - $34.99

Bag - $12.99

Converse - An amazing 50% off some of their trainers so got my niece and nephew
$22.50

$17.50

ELLENTON OUTLET
Bath and Body Works - It was my first time in one of these stores and to be honest I was slightly overwhelmed with the selection so only came away with
4x foaming hand soaps $20/$21.40
Must do better next time!

Adidas for DD
Hoody - $49/$52.43

MALL AT MILLENIA
Hollister for DD
T-shirt - $19.99
Hoody - $24.97 50% off

Victoria Secret for DD
2x body spray $6 each
Body lotion $6

MICHAELS
I had a 50% off of one item voucher so paid for this scrapbook separately - $16.12 inc tax reduced from $29.99

I then had a 20% off voucher so paid for this lot with that

Shopping so far. Not gonna lie, I think this was only halfway through the holiday

OTHERS
Left handed t-shirt from Lefties in Disney Springs - $9.99. So unbelievably true

My adoring OH bought me this when he had lunch in Hooters one day after golf. Do you think he's trying to tell me something?

Magnet and postcard from Clearwater Aquarium

Magnet from Clearwater Beach

Magnet and postcards from Ginny and Jane E's shop on Anna Maria Island (this is the nicest place to have breakfast with the most charming shop attached) - $10.11

Postcard and handmade coasters from The Uptown Lot on Bridge Street on AMI - $21.40

Christmas decoration, Key Lime juice (to make the all important Key Lime Pie when I'm home!), plaque and magnet from Bridge Street Bazaar on AMI - $23.50

Last but very not least is this absolute beauty I got given from my family as a thank you for organising the holiday. I was incredibly touched and a tad emotional as I have always wanted a Dooney and Bourke Disney bag but could never justify buying myself one. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement!

Much to my kids complete embarrassment I took a whole load of photos of random aisles in Target and Michaels. I know it's been mentioned on here a few times of Dibbers asking for photos of the all American Stores so you are in for a little treat

So there you have it! Any question please feel free to ask.
Thank you for reading

Edited at 06:23 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that's some haul with some pretty good bargains . How did you get it all home lol.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Wow that's some haul with some pretty good bargains . How did you get it all home lol.
Haha I know the biggest one yet I think! I had to buy a suitcase whilst out there to get it back although my lovely in laws took some bits for me as they travel light, I don't know what that concept is unfortunately 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Ha! ha! Brilliant! Though I was getting worried for you as I was beginning to think you had spent all your money in the airport😂😂😂 but guess I was wrong😉 Looks like you had a great time xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Brilliant love a shopaholic report, great shop photos aswell, amazes me how there shelves always seem fully stocked, nothing like my local Morrisons!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
😳wow,loved it 😃😀
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Love all the bargains but pedant alert. Tommy Hilfiger at Kissimmee Clearance Mall is not in Down Town Kissimmee. It is quite a way along the192.but a mile or so before the turning to Downtown Kissimmee. I would hate anybody to make their way Downtown as there are no shops, a few decent restaurants, the Kissimmee Amtrak station and the Lake. Joanies Diner is closed at the moment as it went into a decline after she died so the buildings owners have taken it over and revamping it. Hoping it will be open by Feb.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Ha! ha! Brilliant! Though I was getting worried for you as I was beginning to think you had spent all your money in the airport😂😂😂 but guess I was wrong😉 Looks like you had a great time xxx
Now that wouldn't be much fun if I had 😂
Had a wonderful time thank you

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Brilliant love a shopaholic report, great shop photos aswell, amazes me how there shelves always seem fully stocked, nothing like my local Morrisons!
Thank you for reading.
I know it's like they have little elves replacing any product that's been taken off the shelves! I could literally spend hours walking up and down the aisles 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
😳wow,loved it 😃😀
Haha thank you 😀

IG - alicialanesmith