Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
In all honesty I don't think many take away meals are fresher than what I buy from the chiiled cabinet. In my area (Hillingdon), the hygiene ratings for many Indian take aways and restaurants are dire and I wouldn't eat food from them for free.

I trust the hygiene standards from the companies that provide the chilled curries/chinese meals I eat from the likes of marks, far more than I would from an Indian or Chinese restaurant or take away. I also think that the hygiene standards from places like Nandos are generally far higher than the average local Indian/chinese takeaways or restaurants.

Many years ago my wife had a terrible case of food poisoning from a local chinese take away, and she has never eaten another chinese take away ever since.
Best way to trust the hygeine of the curry is to cook it yourself. Very hygenic and you can control the quality of the ingredients.

MH get in the kitchen you lazy ... and start cooking !
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Most people who suffer food poisoning never know the cause. If they think it was in a restaurant or from a takeaway then unless many other people were affected at the same time then it probably wasn't.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Best way to trust the hygeine of the curry is to cook it yourself. Very hygenic and you can control the quality of the ingredients.

MH get in the kitchen you lazy ... and start cooking !
Lol, maybe you're right. My son and his girlfriend make a mean chinese meal that doesn't take too long to cook and is really nice and fresh. Maybe I will ask him for the ingredients. I've just spent an hour doing a job today so I am going to do a work out and then I think deserve to rest for the remainder of the day
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Most people who suffer food poisoning never know the cause. If they think it was in a restaurant or from a takeaway then unless many other people were affected at the same time then it probably wasn't.
Not sure how that works, one duff king prawn is enough to cause food poisoning and would only be eaten by one person

Edited at 01:47 PM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We never have takeaways but there is one exception. There is a Chinese restaurant not too far away from us which will do a takeaway if you drive there (won’t deliver). It is not cheap but the food is fantastic and I am quite fussy.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Not sure how that works, one duff king prawn is enough to cause food opening and would only be eaten by one person
Yes but in that case identifying one prawn out of all the food you have eaten in the previous hours and even days is nigh on impossible.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’ve been on SW all week and I’m blaming this thread on me nipping out to the very good local chippy for a fish and chip lunch...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Yes but in that case identifying one prawn out of all the food you have eaten in the previous hours and even days is nigh on impossible.
I think the general rule for me is a four hour slot between eating and being ill.
I make a lovely curry most Thursday's for my youngest son to visit. He gives me marks out of ten! Cheeky sod! And eats anything he finds in my cupboards!
I also like a takeaway on a Saturday night, if we are staying in. Chinese or Indian, both from decent local restaurants. I think I deserve a day off from cooking.
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
In my area (Hillingdon), the hygiene ratings for many Indian take aways and restaurants are dire and I wouldn't eat food from them for free.
I trust the hygiene standards from the companies that provide the chilled curries/chinese meals I eat from the likes of marks, far more than I would from an Indian or Chinese restaurant or take away.
... and in our area. There isn’t an Indian take away in our area with a five blob hygiene rating.
I like the Indian and Chinese meal boxes from M&S.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure if classed as a takeaway but just had a Wasabi Chicken Katsu for lunch - hard to beat!