Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Just get the ball rolling on the visa ASAP, like tomorrow. I don’t know how much work it is for you to get a visa but I can imagine your gonna have to jump through so hoops.

Good luck mate. I had similar worries about a mistake I made in the uk a long time ago. Answered questions on the esta honestly and was approved but was still scary going through immigration!

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Josh24
Looking for my Ears

Am much less hopeful of getting the visa now but I am going to give it a try and get my police record from here and get on to the Embassy on Monday. But it has been good to get the info so I have realistic expectations.

Originally Posted by jimboy2 View Post
Just get the ball rolling on the visa ASAP, like tomorrow. I don’t know how much work it is for you to get a visa but I can imagine your gonna have to jump through so hoops.

Good luck mate. I had similar worries about a mistake I made in the uk a long time ago. Answered questions on the esta honestly and was approved but was still scary going through immigration!
Glad you get through OK. We all make mistakes at times especially when young and on holiday! It's just a shame that they can comeback to haunt you like this is for me
Josh24 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

The fact you are now a special constable now could work in your favour as it shows you are now a changed person(well maybe). Only time will tell if they will give you a visa.
Fortunatley if your not tied to a specific date you can get some good late details around may. So hold off and don't pay anthing yet.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

When you became a special did you disclose your arrest in the US? If not what will happen when the US authorities call them for a reference?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
When you became a special did you disclose your arrest in the US? If not what will happen when the US authorities call them for a reference?
Why would they call them for a reference?
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
While I have never applied for a visa myself my sister did and they contacted her employer for a reference (and did it without asking)
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

A lads holiday to Orlando ..okayyyyyy - I am intrigued.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
A lads holiday to Orlando ..okayyyyyy - I am intrigued.
I assumed maybe wrongly it possibly wasn't Orlando, I was thinking lads holiday... Vegas ?

Anyway OP hope things work out for you cos with what you've shared you sound as though you've changed your behaviour and a lot of us have pasts, sometimes they do come back and haunt us but hopefully the visa route will work for you , good luck
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

My hairdressers husband did some criminal damage when he was 17, he has been embarrassed about it ever since, went to Florida this year and it took 9 months for him to be granted a visa, even though it was over 23 years ago and he has never been in any trouble since. So if I were you I wouldn’t book anything until you have s visa, as my work colleague and niece did not get there visas in time and missed out on there holidays.

Good luck.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
Because that's the whole point of a VISA application to contact people who know the applicant to get a picture of their life.

When you ask a foreign country to grant you access to their country you forego little niceties like privacy and notifying you in advance before they contact people
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List