Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Jan 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PigletsMum
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Can you leave your car at universal overnight?

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if we could leave our car in the universal car park overnight? I'm thinking of upgrading to an annual pass (the one that includes car parking) and we have a night at the hard rock hotel - but if we do have free parking at the universal car park (and will only have an overnight bag with us) it seems silly to pay for parking at the hotel.

Anyone know if this would work? Surely people must go out in city walk and end up drinking and therefore leaving their cars sometimes?

Thanks!
PigletsMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

No I don't think you can leave it overnight , unless its changed but I doubt it.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Universal requires all vehicles to leave the garages by 4am. Not sure what the penalty is, but I imagine a parking ticket or possibly a tow. Wouldn’t risk it!
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

I believe it would be towed.
Old 2 Jan 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can as if you have been drinking universal will let you leave it. But they will put a white mark next to your car so if it isn’t moved the next day it will be towed
Old 2 Jan 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

Seeings as Universal hotels charge per night (2 days parking for a one night stay), you'd be better off parking there first thing, checking in and getting your Express passes. You won't be charged per day as you would in a Universal garage.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been wondering the same as we're staying at RPR but have a preferred pass. I begrudge paying to park at the hotel when I have free parking with the pass x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PigletsMum
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies. We are planning to get a preferred annual pass which is the only reason I'm considering leaving the car in the universal car park. I think I'll ask when we go to sort the passes to be sure though... don't want to risk being towed!
PigletsMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Where are you staying before moving to HRH for the one night? Would it be worth leaving your car there and using Uber/Lyft to get to Universal? Might be cheaper than paying for parking.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PigletsMum
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
Where are you staying before moving to HRH for the one night? Would it be worth leaving your car there and using Uber/Lyft to get to Universal? Might be cheaper than paying for parking.
Did think about this as another option - but we are in Lake Buena Vista so think an uber will work out more once I factor in both ways. We could use the hotel shuttle but want to get there early to make the most of the express passes. I'm not too worried about paying for one nights parking - in the grand scheme of the holiday cost it hardly seems worrying about! Just that if we have free parking it seems a shame not to be using it! 😁