Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Apr 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

I actually had to write to Irene Hays CEO of the parent company using words like theft and fraud to see any movement. Even then it was painfully slow. In my opinion they committed a crime. Thankfully I eventually got refunded but it took months. I was close to involving the police and had a trail of confirmation from Universal etc as to where MY money had gone.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AlanScotland View Post
Eventually I emailed Universal Studios my ticket serial numbers and discovered they were actually void as Florida Escapes had been refunded for my Universal Tickets and had retained the money. I was also told that Florida Escapes didn't actually purchase my tickets direct from Universal, the refund had been via a US car rental company!
You have to remember that many of these ticket sites are just websites. The name "Florida Escapes" is just the trading name of the website. The actual company that runs the FloridaEscapes website is Travelbuzz.

Travelbuzz's own website is shockingly bad. Have a look at their FAQ page for example:
travlbuzz/faqs

I wouldn't be surprised if they have an affiliate car hire company in the USA which they use when buying tickets (or, at least, the non-UK specific tickets).

For info, OrlandoAttractionTickets.co.uk is simply the website trading name of USRentACar. So if you buy tickets on the OAT website then you'll be buying them from a car rental company.

Another example: the DIBB website itself is actually run by the company "x3 Internet Solutions", which is a website design company. "The DIBB" doesn't exist as a company.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I actually had to write to Irene Hays CEO of the parent company using words like theft and fraud to see any movement. Even then it was painfully slow. In my opinion they committed a crime. Thankfully I eventually got refunded but it took months. I was close to involving the police and had a trail of confirmation from Universal etc as to where MY money had gone.
I did much the same, involving Hays and Abta. My refund for returned Universal tickets (last Aug) went back on Barclaycard today.
Old 23 Apr 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by making49 View Post
I did much the same, involving Hays and Abta. My refund for returned Universal tickets (last Aug) went back on Barclaycard today.
Sparse communication (even when I involved senior people at Hays Travel who effectively own them).
You know, I never knew Hays Travel owned TravelBuzz, who in turn own the Florida Escapes website.

Every day's a school day, as they say.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

There should be a blacklist somewhere of all these companies that have treated their customers badly during this pandemic so as things gradually open up again people can book with 'their eyes open'. Alas I suspect that prices will be more important than track records!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by prugone View Post
There should be a blacklist somewhere of all these companies that have treated their customers badly during this pandemic so as things gradually open up again people can book with 'their eyes open'. Alas I suspect that prices will be more important than track records!
There used to be a thread here on the DIBB regarding people's experiences in getting refunds during this pandemic. It covered everything - flights, hotels, car hire, as well as tickets. In the first post there was a colour-coded index of the various companies, so you could see which were good (green) and which were bad (red).

I'm not sure where that is now.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 26 Apr 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I really don’t think many Dibbers have paid much attention to good, bad, or downright unlawful actions by companies since last March. Some have such ingrained loyalties that they simply gloss over unlawful activity and contempt for customers.

A very large number of Dibbers will still only consider one airline when crossing the Atlantic even now, for example... one that repeatedly broke the law and made their customers wait 120 days plus for refunds that should have taken place within 7 days. I would sooner swim there than trust them into the future.

I have a rather long list of both companies that excelled and those that were appalling. It is a word document and I will be very much guided by it in all future transactions. I most certainly do not forget and price is no longer my overriding criteria in selection.

Needless to say, Florida Escapes is now added to my ‘never, ever touch again’ list. Hays were not on my list in the first place as I DIY.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:53 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I really don’t think many Dibbers have paid much attention to good, bad, or downright unlawful actions by companies since last March. Some have such ingrained loyalties that they simply gloss over unlawful activity and contempt for customers.

A very large number of Dibbers will still only consider one airline when crossing the Atlantic even now, for example... one that repeatedly broke the law and made their customers wait 120 days plus for refunds that should have taken place within 7 days. I would sooner swim there than trust them into the future.

I have a rather long list of both companies that excelled and those that were appalling. It is a word document and I will be very much guided by it in all future transactions. I most certainly do not forget and price is no longer my overriding criteria in selection.

Needless to say, Florida Escapes is now added to my ‘never, ever touch again’ list. Hays were not on my list in the first place as I DIY.
As someone who, after the collapse of Thomas Cook, ended up booking flights with Virgin I have to say that I probably won't book with Virgin again unless there is no other alternative. Of the 3 companies I had to get a refund from, they were the worst. I have no idea why they were allowed to totally ignore the law and take 4 months to provide a refund, and only then after requesting it several times whilst being pressured to take a voucher (or equivalent) instead.

And I had been looking forward to my very first time flying with them because I'd heard good reports about them.

On the other hand, Hilton were great and I would happily book with them again. They gave me a refund for a non-refundable booking and did so fairly quickly (and I actually made a bit of money because of the difference in exchange rate).

Disney was also good, although I only had a £50pp deposit with them so didn't had much to lose anyway. Their process was fairly smooth.

Like you, I'm adding Florida Escapes to my list to avoid.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 26 Apr 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As someone who, after the collapse of Thomas Cook, ended up booking flights with Virgin I have to say that I probably won't book with Virgin again unless there is no other alternative. Of the 3 companies I had to get a refund from, they were the worst. I have no idea why they were allowed to totally ignore the law and take 4 months to provide a refund, and only then after requesting it several times whilst being pressured to take a voucher (or equivalent) instead.

And I had been looking forward to my very first time flying with them because I'd heard good reports about them.

On the other hand, Hilton were great and I would happily book with them again. They gave me a refund for a non-refundable booking and did so fairly quickly (and I actually made a bit of money because of the difference in exchange rate).

Disney was also good, although I only had a £50pp deposit with them so didn't had much to lose anyway. Their process was fairly smooth.

Like you, I'm adding Florida Escapes to my list to avoid.
British Airways refunded me within 7 days after the cancellation of last March. No hard sell re credit notes, just a straight refund.

American Airlines, I cancelled in August and expected a voucher as it was me doing the cancellation. I phoned up and they solemnly informed me that as my direct flight home from Phoenix had been changed from a direct to an indirect and thus, I was entitled to a full refund if I wanted one. I did and they did.. in 4 days.

I had a regional flight with United for March.. San Luis Obispo to Seattle. I had to be patient on that one as it was due to fly. I had a full refund after 6 weeks.

Hotels.
Premier Inn were brilliant, refunding a total of 7 rooms as we were having a few stops on our way to Heathrow. They weren’t even refundable bookings.

EBookers were similarly excellent.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

British Airways have been fantastic with a few of our flights and package holidays we had bookings for since last March.
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List