Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Mar 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Well, the day has arrived. Marley gets his first lot of chemotherapy today (3pm). To say i feel sick is an understatement. However, he is still behaving as if there is nothing wrong with him...even being cheeky and jumping on the coffee table in the conservatory and lying down and going to sleep...oh well, i will let him! The only thing still with him not doing is eating as much as normal..thats the only sign. I just want to get today over and done with, then this week so i know what how he is reacting to it.

In three weeks time he will have another ultrasound to see if the tumour has reduced or not. Then they will continue and hopefully the tumour will shrink completely. 16 weeks of stress and anxiety ahead could be good for my weight loss i guess! although would rather remain slightly heavy and not have to go through this in the first place.

I know people who dont have pets might not understand, but he is my baby and i will do whatever i need to to make him comfortable and happy.
Old 4 May 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Marley update. He has struggled. We are having to syringe feed him now. He has lost half his body weight and he is so weak as he has also lost a lot of his muscle mass. He had fluid build up in his chest on Saturday so we had to take him to the vets and get it drained. He had two lots of chemo and as he was struggling a little he then had a week off. Then he had another lot which seemed to make him worse so they tried another chemotherapy. With all these delays he hasn't had a scan. He has that today, but at the weekend they did a quick scan and seemed to think that the tumour hadn't shrunk as much as they would have hoped.

All comes down to todays scan. We always knew there was a chance it may not work as we don't know how long the mass has been growing there. We know we don't want him to suffer and we know what we have to do to prevent suffering but its oh so hard. I can't believe my gorgeous kitty, who has been the most amazing cat to have, is going through this and probably be saying goodbye very soon. Life is so bloody unfair.
Old 4 May 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Sending you love and strength! I hope you get some good news ❤
Old 4 May 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Thank you. I do too.
Old 4 May 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Am so sorry, its so difficult when we love our animals so deeply, he is such a beautiful boy. We are having tests done on our Benny (16) today, he keeps vomiting after eating, has lost weight, I am bracing myself for bad news and crazy vet bill. Its all very heartbreaking, I hope that Marley pulls through, thinking of you x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Aww fingers and paws crossed for beautiful Marley. We are also on a hard road of cat illness and treatment (FIP) so I can empathise with what you are going through.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

fingers crossed for Marley, they are our fur babies
Old 4 May 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
So sad to read that things are not good with Marley (and Loopylooloo's Benny too).
It's just horrible to see them so poorly 😔.
Hugs to all who are so very worried about their pet's health xxx
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Aww fingers and paws crossed for beautiful Marley. We are also on a hard road of cat illness and treatment (FIP) so I can empathise with what you are going through.

Sorry to hear you have cat worries too. We feel so helpless don't we. Wish they could talk and tell us where it hurts or how they feel. Sending positive hugs
Old 6 May 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Sending you love and strength! I hope you get some good news ❤

Thank you