Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 13, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wishes2013 View Post
Thanks Pootie, I hope this will be the case for us too. Although the Thomson call centre said that we wouldn't get a premium service (we would have to pay for drinks, there would be economy meals and economy IFE). I think we'll be cheeky and ask for a free drink onboard!

No we weren't booked on a Dreamliner, they said it was because the original plane was being refurbished. But I guess it's all connected to the Dreamliner problems.

Oh well, I suppose it could be worse.

Thanks for all of your comments and support
I know I mentioned it before but we had a 'normal' plane and still got the upgraded IFE and free drinks so I would push for it, this was only last August.
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
hel1304
Imagineer

hel1304's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really disappointed we are due to fly from Birmingham next month and we have just had email notification that there are no longer any premium seats on our outbound flight .

Apparently we still get the 23kg luggage allowance and seats together, but that's about it. They will refund us the cost of the premium seats for the outbound flight.

We have been allocated 3 seats in the middle row, and the seat configuration is 2-4-2, so hopefully we will have a spare seat next to us.

Has this happened to anyone else in the past? We're really disappointed.
Hi

I had phone call yesterday, message left & had to phone them back. Hanging on phone for nearly 45 minutes waiting for them to answer! We have lost our pe seats on return journey. I was not happy because daughter is not a good flyer. They then said we could have sets in row 36 (I think) I asked why we could not have seats closer to front. He found us 4 seats together in row 18 I asked about the pe privileges & he said we still got everything including drinks, priority boarding, luggage allowance etc. I asked Simon to emal confirmation that all thesis included & he has sent this through. Waiting for refund which he has said he has put through so should get in bank within 3-5 working days. Not really very happy about losing seats, but not much we can do! Dh said we can use refund money to buy tickets for cirque du soleil!
Old 26 Mar 13, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

OP, you need to get back on the phone to them and get them to promise Premium Service (Drinks etc). Then get them to put it in writing like the above poster did. What they are saying to you is way out of line.

Airlines just seem to think that you can pay out all this money and thy can just mess you about. They think as long as they refund the difference then no harm done but they have to remember that people work hard to get the money for these holidays and they don't come cheap!

I realise this is all probably connected to the Dreamliner problems but they really should be offering you something to make up for the inconvenience. To be honest, I would expect a refund of the difference. I would expect the Premium Service, if not the seats and I would expect a little something more as well, maybe a free meal somewhere in Florida or something.

Maybe I just expect too much!
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

at the end of the day, you can argue saying that you would have never booked with them had they not had PE available and now its a bit late to be getting full refunds and booking else where so i don't think your being cheeky at all...

id be certainly going for the 75% refund and i would be asking for the drinks, magazines etc. i know they have refunded the extra for PE but like i say, you wouldnt have booked with them in the first place if you knew this was going to happen!

stand your ground... to quote a wise person (my grandad lol) " shy bairns get nowt!"

xx kate xx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

I think it's 374
Oh dear you may not be the only ones affected here - we're booked on 374 the week before (18th)

Mrs Rolfy will go ballistic if it happens again - last time it was a 'surprise' when returning from Sanford (found out at the airport) and it was a disappointing end to the holiday.
Old 26 Mar 13, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Whilst I feel for you all, please be careful how you react on the plane. Thoughts of causing a fuss etc until you get drinks may end up with you being removed from the plane with no refund at all. We were on a Thomson flight ex Corfu a few years back, and someone had a big strop on about not getting the seats they wanted (I think the party was split up, but not too sure), and a bit of a heated argument ensued. This carried on whilst Taxiing. Next thing the plane is back at the stance and the whole family were removed and left at Corfu Airport in the middle of the night. I don't know whether they got their bags, but the hold was opened for a short while. There was an announcement where the Captain apologised for the delay and advised that Thomson had a no tolerance policy regarding abuse to staff or safety/comfort of other passengers.

Please try all avenues before you get to the airport, but if all else fails don't cause a fuss on the plane although you may feel agrieved. Better to get on holiday cramped than not at all.

Best of luck to all to get your issues fixed
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JP13
Apprentice Imagineer

This was the reason I stopped using Thomson for long haul - we had booked premium seats and were told by 2nd class post we had been bumped to economy. For various reasons the extra legroom is important to us, as is a quieter cabin. Thomson 'customer service' was awful, hanging on the phone for hours, being fobbed off, told we would be called back and it never happened. I managed to argue it out and they gave me a full refund and I rebooked with Virgin.
Virgin are far from perfect but I have only ever been bumped upwards by them and they notify me of changes by email and text, not 2nd class post.
You have to really persevere to get a satisfactory resolution- good luck.
JP13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jenskii
Helping Minnie

I feel your pain, we've been bumped off too! Outbound Birmingham flight has changed to aircraft with only 5 rows premium and inbound has no premium at all!

Really annoyed as i'll be 27 weeks pregnant when I fly which is why we booked premium in the first place Otherwise I wouldnt be that fussed, but I understand that it goes on date of booking so thats fair enough.

I find it a bit bizarre though that they do this considering they have to give refunds to those affected - surely its not good for their costs?! Also, the main niggle I have is that I only found out because I called Thomson because I couldnt view the seatplan to reserve seats online. And only then (after being on hold for 15 minutes!) was I told we were going in Economy! I was told I would receive an email about it but I still havent. Definitely has put me off booking with Thomson in the future for sure.

May 2011 Honeymoon Villa @ Calabria
June 2012 A rainy week @ Holiday Inn
April 2013 Babymoon @ Holiday Inn
May 2017 fortnight @ Watersong
jenskii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishes2013
Excited about Disney

Mmmm, our seats were in row 2 and now we are in row 8. I'm now wondering if it's the same plane i.e. first 5 rows only (although Thomson said that there are no premium seats on the plane).

We tried to call them today to confirm whether we will still receive the premium perks but gave up after being put on hold for 30 minutes. We'll try again tomorrow.

What have they said to you about luggage allowance, drinks etc.?
Wishes2013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 13, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jenskii
Helping Minnie

Agree, their holding times on the phone are ridicoulous!

We were moved originally to row 6 (bulkhead) because of my pregnancy which was nice of them but I chose different seats as I dont want the wall in front of us, want to be able to stretch my legs and I dont want people hanging around us waiting for the loo

They said nothing else about it (luggage, drinks etc) I think they just presume if they give you a refund then thats it, you're in economy - But I might call them back to check.
I only booked the premium seats last week aswell, I wish I just hadnt bothered! I hope I get my money back by the end of the week too, they were quick enough to take it when I booked. If I dont have it by the end of the week they'll be getting a lovely phonecall from hormonal ol' me

May 2011 Honeymoon Villa @ Calabria
June 2012 A rainy week @ Holiday Inn
April 2013 Babymoon @ Holiday Inn
May 2017 fortnight @ Watersong
jenskii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread