Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Had a new boiler fitted 2 1/2 yrs ago by a local gas engineer. He has been to service it twice and both occasions has forgot to bill me. Result. He even forgot to charge me for 10 trv's when boiler fitted. Had to remind his wife to amend the total to include trv's
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
We’ve been a BG HomeCare customer for many years and have noticed a decline in recent years. The the gap in the annual boiler service gets longer and longer and they missed it completely in the last contract year. They promised a £65 refund - that was a six weeks ago, so will have to chase it. I hate the annual game of they hike the premium 25% and I beat them down again.
Does anyone have experience of a reliable alternative?
We've used Corgi for years - always quick to come out in an emergency, also proactive in arranging the annual service.

Never had a problem getting through to them by phone, and they generally answer pretty quickly.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve been with British Gas for years too but sick of the annual hike of premiums and the haggling that ensues. Just cancelled and gone with 24/7. Hope I don’t live to regret it 😮
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I’ve been with British Gas for years too but sick of the annual hike of premiums and the haggling that ensues. Just cancelled and gone with 24/7. Hope I don’t live to regret it 😮
Well, by our experience you have almost as good a chance of BG coming out quickly without the cover as you had before, with it.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have just terminated my BG contract as I have had the whole system renewed so have free 10 yr Boiler cover with Baxi plus my Mate will sort any other issues.

I cannot speak highly enough of the BG cover over the last 25+ years.
Never waited more than 24 hours for a call out, most call outs were the same day I rang up to report an issue.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have just terminated my BG contract as I have had the whole system renewed so have free 10 yr Boiler cover with Baxi plus my Mate will sort any other issues.

I cannot speak highly enough of the BG cover over the last 25+ years.
Never waited more than 24 hours for a call out, most call outs were the same day I rang up to report an issue.
Us too Mr T.M, used to sing their praises. But not now. You cannot even ring on a Sunday. Have to use online chat or Facebook messenger. And 10 days before they even look at the boiler in December is so unacceptable to us that we are no longer customers. I do not like change, so it takes a lot to make me walk.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have used BG homecare for many years, I always sang their praises until the past year or so. Their service isn't the same now and trying to arrange an appointment sometimes difficult. The only reason we have stuck with them is because our combi is 13 now so probably due to replace. We intend to move to another company as BG charges have increased but they don't deliver the same service anymore.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobaby
Imagineer

orlandobaby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have Homecare 4 and my boiler broke down in November meaning I too had no heating or hot water. Called them out and it took 3 days for an engineer to come out.

In fairness to the engineer he was very good, but it just took too long IMO for them to come out.

Orlando Sep 2000,Nov 01,June 04,June 05,Sep 05,Sep 06,Oct 08&13,Oct 14,Oct 15,Apr 18,Sept 19,Sept 22
LA and Las Vegas May 2010, San Fran, Las Vegas, LA May 2013
orlandobaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had awful service from British Gas many years ago after paying for their most expensive cover for over 12 years.
They had absolutely no problem leaving us with no heating or hot water from November 1999 until February 2000.
We cancelled and found someone else and had it fixed in less than 48 hours.
I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole
Old 9 Feb 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
We’ve been a BG HomeCare customer for many years and have noticed a decline in recent years. The the gap in the annual boiler service gets longer and longer and they missed it completely in the last contract year. They promised a £65 refund - that was a six weeks ago, so will have to chase it. I hate the annual game of they hike the premium 25% and I beat them down again.
Does anyone have experience of a reliable alternative?
Quoting my own post!😳 Our annual boiler service was rescheduled 3 times and eventually done on 13 January- the sub contractor was in the house a grand total of 16 minutes!
Last Thursday the boiler conked out and we were offered an appt two weeks later. After much discussion and playing the vulnerable card we got an appt the following day and a sub contractor was sent from West Yorkshire (we’re Gtr Manchester) because BG engineers are on strike four days each week (Fri - Mon). Diagnosis, a control panel (circuit board) needed. Engineer said he would return today (BG parts depot shut Monday because of the strike). Guess what, failed to turn up today - no explanation, no apology. The appt has been rescheduled for tomorrow. We shall see.
British Gas are a shambles in my opinion- 6 days to fix a ‘priority’ fault for which the part is in stock. I read recently that BG had lost 100’s of thousands of customers in the past year - it’s now +1. Sorry for the rant, I feel better now!😀
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List