Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I’ve been using the Revolut card for years now and find it excellent. The exchange rate is usually much better than fair fx and Caxton too. We also use a Halifax clarity credit card. The benefit of having a pre-paid card, is that you can load on to it instantly at any time. I loaded some on today as the rate went up to 1.36.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PingDriver
A Guest at All-Stars

My vote goes to Caxton too ... used it all over the world with no problem. I’ve also just got a Starling card specifically to use just for my personal golfing expenses in Florida, not joint spending.
PingDriver is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Used Caxton card for many years and never had any issues with it.
Old 19 Dec 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Got 4. Caxton, Fairfax, Weswap and Post Office. Load up in the months before you go and any card will serve you fine
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've used the Starling app the last few years and can't fault it.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MatJohnson View Post
I'm thinking of using Monzo. Anyone got any experience?
Monzo don't offer pre-paid cards anymore - a Monzo account is a full-blown UK current account. The account can be free and you get a debit card, exchange rates on purchases are the base Mastercard rate (so unlike some banks they don't cream off a fee or percentage of your foreign purchases). Being a current account your money is protected up to £85k.
My primary bank account is with Monzo and would recommend them over the main high street banks. I also know a lot of people using Monzo as a secondary account.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Starling have much better customer satisfaction rating than Monzo and offer all the same services.

Starling has actually overtaken First Direct for the no 1 spot across all banks.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

i am with starling

you can use it in the UK as a pre pay or as a bank account and a decent rate when abroad in any currency

the app is easy to use and you can make "spaces" inside for different saving pots you just transfer ££ from your main accounts

i have been using it as a separate spending/saving account in prep and it is very easy to use as it lets you see how much you have spent and on what
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Another vote for Revolut card. App is a breeze to use. Rate notifications. Spending controls. Notifications when it’s used.

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Starling card for me. Revolut is popular but far too many down time instances in the past leaving people without access to their money.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List