Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 18, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Is it just me? It’s been REALLY busy.

We came out on the 21st June and and are still here for a few more days yet however I can say without fear of contradiction that this is the busiest we’ve ever experienced in all our years.

We’ve been to the parks and parked in lots we didn’t even know existed. Went to Seaworld today and were parked in a place that took over 10mins to walk to the entrance.

But, it’s the traffic that I’ve noticed a huge change in.
The I4 from Champions Gate way up to Millennia and in reverse is standstill pretty much all day up until 11pm and its not to do with the works on the I4 and 528 Beachline, the 192 is also slowly grinding to a hault as well. God knows what it’ll be like once Margaritaville is up and open.
You can see that there is a lot more development being done on the 192 along with a lots of new ground being cleared so in the future the once “quaint” 192 is going to be really heaving.

All my “rat runs” are heaving with traffic too, there’s no more short cuts to anywhere now.
Even the locals are getting miffed with it.

We always stay off the 27 at either Highlands Reserve or Legacy Park but we both said that given the time lost due to sitting in traffic then a villa more strategically situated may need to be considered in the future as traveling from here to all of the parks and Mallls isn’t the best place to be.
It is the best “side” to be for going to gulf coast though.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We noticed that on the I4 and 192 last August and it was really off putting. We just queued all the time and even playing around with routes, there was no fast way to get anywhere. Bedlam going to or from the parks.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Last August the I-4 was gridlocked from 5am to 11pm. It certainly made driving to Universal from the villa areas a painful experience!

Getting to Disney is still relatively easy from most villa areas though.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobaby
Imagineer

orlandobaby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went in April this year and didn’t find the traffic too bad. I guess it goes down to the time of year.

Orlando Sep 2000,Nov 01,June 04,June 05,Sep 05,Sep 06,Oct 08&13,Oct 14,Oct 15,Apr 18,Sept 19,Sept 22
LA and Las Vegas May 2010, San Fran, Las Vegas, LA May 2013
orlandobaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were in Orlando from 30/6 to 4/7. We used the I4 everyday (locally) & didn’t encounter any problems / heavy traffic at all. On Sat 30/6, we drove from the Palm Coast to LBV & the traffic was flowing - just slowed down a bit going through the roadworks in the city.
Early October, last year - it took one hour to get from Cabana Bay to DS using an Uber taxi. (I always use Apopka Vineland!)
Just like the weather, which is so localised, it all depends on luck.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

The traffic is the reason last year we stayed in a hotel on idrive rather than a villa as we usually do as we dont do Disney and an idrive location was far easier to get to Universal and Seaworld as driving from the villa used to take ages with the traffic. We do go mid July though.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We found this too,stayed from 19th June till 3rd July,no issue in our first week at SSR,but our second week in a villa on the 27,traffic was a nightmare,took up to an hour both ways at any time of day,not good at all.so much so we have decided onsite is definitely the way forward from now on,wether universal or Disney.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
We always stay off the 27 at either Highlands Reserve or Legacy Park but we both said that given the time lost due to sitting in traffic then a villa more strategically situated may need to be considered in the future as traveling from here to all of the parks and Mallls isn’t the best place to be.
It is the best “side” to be for going to gulf coast though.
Where would you say a better placed villa would be to avoid lengthy waits in traffic? We are planning a return next July and usually stay in the West Haven area and not planning on doing Disney next trip. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 7 Jul 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We’ve stayed at Lindfields for years and seen that end of the 192 get steadily busier. We liked the feeling of being away from the hustle and bustle. I also can’t imagine what it will be like in that area when Margaritaville opens.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List