Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Update: Could this be the last mow of the year?

My lawn needs a mow, but because of the long list of jobs I have lined up for me, I am concerned that if I mow the lawn today that it will still need another mow this year.

There was frost on my outbuilding roof this week and the clocks go back in 3 weeks time, so this is also not helping my lawn mowing decison.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Edited at 04:43 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

I mowed mine this morning but it was quite damp but I do recall mowing in November a couple of years ago.

If I were you I'd leave a gap in your busy work schedule in expectation of a couple more cuts. Failing that a quick Flymo induction for Mrs MH including a risk assessment of course. Hopefully through an RCD?

Mick
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Well I put autumn fertiliser on a couple of weeks ago and mine is still growing like mad. Had to cut it twice this week. I think there are a few cuts yet through October as it still seems quite warm and damp.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I thought the same this time last year, and then through the winter wished I had done it an extra time.

So my plan, this year, is to cut the grass tomorrow (too wet today) and at least once more after that before putting the mower back in hibernation.

Maybe, MrsMH would appreciate you out of the house for an hour or two?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 01:43 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Forgot to say Mickey in case you missed my gardening tip from last spring.

Every March/April I pour diluted whiskey on to the lawn - it comes up half cut.

Mick
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

I mowed mine this morning but it was quite damp but I do recall mowing in November a couple of years ago.

If I were you I'd leave a gap in your busy work schedule in expectation of a couple more cuts. Failing that a quick Flymo induction for Mrs MH including a risk assessment of course. Hopefully through an RCD?

Mick
Thanks Mick. I have a petrol mower so it cuts through the wet/damp lawn no problem, and no cables/rcd to worry about.

November does seem late in the year to mow a lawn, but if it does need an additional mow then that's another 30 minutes out of my very busy schedule that I will have to find🤔
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

The thing that concerns me Mr House is how are you going to fit cutting the grass in with your heavy workload, could Mrs House not take on that task to help lighten your load.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Do what we do let it grow like a jungle and worry about it in April, watch the daddy long legs they will attack you as you mow! is there really time to cut the grass I thought you had a Castle to buld!
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
The thing that concerns me Mr House is how are you going to fit cutting the grass in with your heavy workload, could Mrs House not take on that task to help lighten your load.
Mrs MH has never mowed the lawn or washed the cars. I don't complain, but I don't have it easy.
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Do what we do let it grow like a jungle and worry about it in April, watch the daddy long legs they will attack you as you mow! is there really time to cut the grass I thought you had a Castle to buld!
I haven't got time to build the castle, but if I leave the lawn uncut like yours, I might also end up with 18" rats like you have