Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Nov 08, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beagler
Apprentice Imagineer

Question "Do-able" rides for folks with motion sickness?

After reading the thread about Expedition Everest and someone saying it was like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but with better effects... it got me wondering.
There were so many rides we avoided because we thought they'd be just too "sickable" for the boys and me - we suffer from motion sickness, and I do the migraine thing too (the "Big One" at Blackpool almost put me off coasters for life!). The problem is I'm too scared to try things out because when I get ill, it takes all day for me to recover - and I refuse to have a whole day of my holiday wasted. Ther boys are just as bad.
So... to all you brave folk: if we can manage Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc and simulators like Mission to Mars (green team, of course) - what else are we missing out on? Disney and Universal?
Old 10 Nov 08, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post

My father suffers, but from memory he went on Splash, Big Thunder, all of the dark rides, TT, Maelstrom.

He avoided Space mountain, RRC, ToT, MS, IOA totally, but did everything except the Mummy at the studios. And he was fine, and he does get quite severe attacks, something to do with a damaged inner ear.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 08, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

I only managed the simpsons and MIB ride .But then again the monorail makes me nauseated
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 08, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

cat in the hat made me feel sick and i dont suffer motion sickness would give mission space a miss also., hope this helps
Old 11 Nov 08, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I can manage Big Thunder etc, and did Everest, but it made me feel ill. The difference is on everest there is a section where you go backwards and from previous experience I know it is the going backwards that I can't take!
Old 11 Nov 08, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

i have mostion sickness some time would avioed mission space... can cope with most rides i've been on... splash, popey river raipeds, space mouint (but told it's changing) mib, catin the hat (thought these are very spinny and can make you ill, did my DB) and test track are the once that come off the top of my head that i can do. i would probily aviode mission space, and the roller coasters!
Old 11 Nov 08, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
I have motion sickness and can't do anything that spins so teacup and cat in the hat are a bit no-no. I can do BTMR, absolutely love this ride, I don't feel sick on that at all. I can also do Space Mountain. Simulators can make me feel sick as well, so watch out for those. Spiderman at Universal is fine though, that's another great ride!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 08, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Spiderman is great but gives me motion sickness
Old 11 Nov 08, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by KAF View Post
Spiderman is great but gives me motion sickness
Really? Guess I'm not as bad as I thought then! Sorry it makes you feel sick, such a shame as it's a brill ride!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 08, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Sick bands!

Please please please don't motion sickness spoil your holiday.

I get motion sickness really bad, can't travel in the backseat of a car, train makes me sick and boats are no no... Until I got some pressure point motion sickness bands.

You put them on your wrists 2 fingers away from the bottom of your wrist and they work brilliantly.

I can't wait to go as I know I can wear these, enjoy the ride and not feel sick.

You can buy them from most places like superdrugs and even the pound shop sell them in packs of 3 (BARGIN!)
Closed Thread