Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 11, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

question about jedi training

just a few questions...

firstly, is this an all year round thing for the kids to do?
how many times a day do they do it
do i have to book and if so, how do i book?

do the kids get to participate and if so, how do they get chosen, is it just random?

really wanna do this cos my boys are starwars mad

thanks
*jovi_girl* is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 11, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I have just come back from Disney and my three children did the Jedi Training. It is an all year round show but is subject to the weather as it is outdoors (ie if it is raining they will cancel). We got to the park at about 8:30 before the park had opened and once allowed through the gate there was a cast member holding up a sign showing you where to go to sign up. You need to get there early because the places do fill up very quick, all your children need to be with you when you sign up, so don't send them off to que for anything else!

I was very fortunate because it was a rainy day when I went to Hollywood Studios and a lot of people dropped out because of the weather, the show before ours was cancelled but ours went ahead and the children loved every minute of it and have been bragging to all their friends at school about how they defeated Darth Vader!

I hope you enjoy your experience!

Janice x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 11, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry, I forgot to say when you book up, you are given a time slot when to come back for your show, I don't know how many they do a day but I expect it is every hour - I expect someone else can tell you more.

Janice
Old 15 Nov 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JediJanice View Post
Hi

I have just come back from Disney and my three children did the Jedi Training. It is an all year round show but is subject to the weather as it is outdoors (ie if it is raining they will cancel). We got to the park at about 8:30 before the park had opened and once allowed through the gate there was a cast member holding up a sign showing you where to go to sign up. You need to get there early because the places do fill up very quick, all your children need to be with you when you sign up, so don't send them off to que for anything else!

I was very fortunate because it was a rainy day when I went to Hollywood Studios and a lot of people dropped out because of the weather, the show before ours was cancelled but ours went ahead and the children loved every minute of it and have been bragging to all their friends at school about how they defeated Darth Vader!

I hope you enjoy your experience!

Janice x

thanks for the info... so i'd need to get there when they opened really? and do all the kids that are there get to take part?
*jovi_girl* is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Our ds did this a few days ago. You need to get to the park 30 minutes before opening as thats when they start queing
When you get through the ticket gate you will see a large blue building on your left, turn down that street, don't go towards the Hat, from there you will be taken to the registration point.
Our ds got in on the first show, which was 9.20am, the one after that was 10.10am, so i think they must be more regular than one an hour, but they probably only do a few shows in the morning and then more in the afternoon.
Have fun x
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mumof4kids View Post
Our ds did this a few days ago. You need to get to the park 30 minutes before opening as thats when they start queing
When you get through the ticket gate you will see a large blue building on your left, turn down that street, don't go towards the Hat, from there you will be taken to the registration point.
Our ds got in on the first show, which was 9.20am, the one after that was 10.10am, so i think they must be more regular than one an hour, but they probably only do a few shows in the morning and then more in the afternoon.
Have fun x

cool, will just have to decide what day we're gonna go there and kick the kids outta bed at stupid o'clock
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

I there an age restriction on this and also is there a charge?
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

think i read it's for 4-12yr olds
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babynugget View Post
I there an age restriction on this and also is there a charge?
Hi I seem to remember it being 12 yrs, but can't remember if it includes 12 yr olds, or is under 12 yrs old.
My twins did it this summer and they are 11 - they were considerably older than the other kids in their group, who I'd say mainly ranged from about 4-8 yrs old.
There's no charge and, if you have a photopass, the photos taken by the photopass photographer can be added to your photopass free of charge!
You need to go to the photo shop (near the entrance) and present your photocard.
The kids all get presented with a certificate too.
Old 15 Nov 11, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
Hi I seem to remember it being 12 yrs, but can't remember if it includes 12 yr olds, or is under 12 yrs old.
My twins did it this summer and they are 11 - they were considerably older than the other kids in their group, who I'd say mainly ranged from about 4-8 yrs old.
There's no charge and, if you have a photopass, the photos taken by the photopass photographer can be added to your photopass free of charge!
You need to go to the photo shop (near the entrance) and present your photocard.
The kids all get presented with a certificate too.

cool, will have to remember the photopass thing... i assume u go there after the training lol

also, have done a search and from what i have read, it's best to be there by 8.30 and queue on the left? does that sound right lol
Closed Thread