Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

When we stayed onsite as a now ex smoker i requested a room nr a smoking area it wasnt an issue.
I also smoked in the car park about 50m from building so no smells went into room.

Smoking on balcony will result in smoke going into room or the rooms above and there are major fines in the US.
They re v anti smoking so she knows...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
I'm not a smoker, but not being able to smoke on a hotel balcony is pretty ridiculous. I sort of understand the parks tho.
Its not ridiculous, it's fair as balconies are not enclosed areas so the smoke can affect others around. We had a room once at AKL Kidani 3 floors above the smoking area and could smell it all day. Hated it and would ask to move if it happened again.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Why is it ridiculous, not being able to smoke on a balcony? I don't want to be standing on my balcony, smelling someone else's cigarette smoke.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am American (and just back from Europe). There is a huge difference in tolerance for smoking between the US and Europe. It is pretty well accepted in the US that you smoke in designates smoking areas only. I found the amount of smoking in Europe discouraging, especially since I have medical problems that make it difficult to breath around second hand smoke and old smoke.

I work in an office building occupied by a drug treatment agency in the connected building. but we are a non smoking facility so NO ONE (even those undergoing drug treatment) smokes on the property. And If they do, many occupants will call the management company and complain.

And as Scojos said, Americans are very anti smoking. When I was in Europe I did not complain about people smoking in places it would never be allowed in the US. So when you are in the States, accept that smoking will be very limited and only smoke in designated areas.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 View Post
I'd be pretty annoyed if I couldn't relax on my balcony because my neighbour was smoking and it was wafting up or over,..
Best not holiday in Europe then!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

A few years ago, when we stayed at Saratoga springs we liked to,sit on the balcony first thing with coffee, the man below us, used to love to have a cigarette at this time and also various other times, I’m,asthmatic and I don’t want to be sitting in people’s smoke, I paid to use my room facilities.
Quick walk to reception and we were offered a move .

If you want to smoke that’s fine, but it affects others so do it in designated areas.
It’s not nice relaxing on a balcony and getting smoke coming at you

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney resorts banned smoking on balconies years ago , a couple of years ago someone was smoking in the balcony above our patio and threw the cigarette end into the grass near me - luckily i saw it and picked it up as it started smouldering in the dry grass! I reported them to the front desk I'm afraid and they went straight to speak to them.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My parents are coming with us next summer and they are both smokers who are used to being on holiday in Europe and smoking anywhere. I keep trying to drum into them that the US is nothing like Europe and they can't smoke anywhere other than designated areas and not to even think about it in the villa. I will not be happy if they smoke anywhere that isn't the correct place, I don't smoke, neither does my DH. They're very good and don't around the kids anyway but they have a year to prepare themselves for it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Best not holiday in Europe then!
I do frequently in hotels where ashtrays are still provided on balcony's ect,. I would not expect it to be acceptable onsite in a US Disney property.
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Hopefully JediMum will be able to show this thread to her mum so she knows she needs to prepare herself.