Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Sep 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Good news. I've missed that, pray tell me where do I find that s good news you speak of
There were a lot of stories published to the parks blog yesterday that they would consider positive news. Candelight Processional returning this year, new Nemo show in development, dessert parties returning, Space 220 menus, etc.

ETA link: disneyparks.disney.go/blog/latest-stories/

Edited at 09:15 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I asked touringplans lol
This was their response
“ While TouringPlans does make predictions based on historical data, we 100% update them with real-time data. We get an average of over 250 actual wait times each day submitted through the Lines app, as well as information about the posted wait for each ride each 5-10 minutes. We use those to update estimates real-time.
We recently did a post and YouTube video describing why (even pre-Genie – Blog: touringplans/blog/the-wa...wont-tell-you/ and YT:
), because TouringPlans and Disney have different motivations, you can trust our predictions and real-time information more. Especially in the era of Genie, Disney will have even more incentive to make waits appear worse than they actually are.
You can bet that we’ll have lots of in-park tests of Genie and how TouringPlans stacks up! Stay tuned once it goes live”
They don't know how Genie is going to work so it is really impossible for them to say, and of course they earn there money by people buying it, so at the end of the day they aren't going to tell you they won't be able to match Genie and you should go use Genie instead

It will be interesting, i'll see how it plays out, last visit I didn't use TP, but I might be interested to see how genie plays out. And yes Disney always overestimates times on purpose, so you may get a more accurate queue time with TP.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I asked touringplans lol
This was their response
“ While TouringPlans does make predictions based on historical data, we 100% update them with real-time data. We get an average of over 250 actual wait times each day submitted through the Lines app, as well as information about the posted wait for each ride each 5-10 minutes. We use those to update estimates real-time.
Of course, 250 Lines app wait times is across the whole of WDW. That's about 5 per ride per day. Or about 1 submitted wait time per 2 hours per attraction. And based on the data they've made public in previous years I would argue that's an overestimate - for many rides there's usually only 2 or 3 Lines wait times submitted per ride.

Around 95% of the data they use comes from Disney's own published wait times. So the vast majority of that real-time data they are using to adjust their estimates is coming from Disney - which includes Disney's overestimated wait times.

The thing is Disney won't just have the current posted wait time data available to them. They'll also have future data available to them - they'll know what everyone's itinerary says, when they are planning to go on each ride, when they have a Genie+ slot booked for, or when they have a IAS (Lightning Lane pass) booked for a particular ride.

But, yes, they will have different motivations, which is a factor. TP will be trying to get you to pay to use their service. Meanwhile Disney will be trying to get you to pay for those LL passes.

You can bet that we’ll have lots of in-park tests of Genie and how TouringPlans stacks up! Stay tuned once it goes live”
And I suspect their pseudo-statistical analysis will show that TPs system is "better", at least for some of the time anyway.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:05 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List