Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

I've only done NY in winter, so might be good to stick around and see it in September actually.

I guess it could be decent weather, not too hot or too cold! ?
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

My mum was there in September a few years back and it just rained continually so I guess it just depends on that.
Old 29 Jun 17, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Just got a little too excited spotting the cruise is under 80 days! Seriously I've been booked on this cruise forever now and it has killed me - don't think I can cope with booking this far ahead lol. Now its starting to feel so so close! When it gets to 60 days I may have to start properly packing (so far there is a giant pile of items in my spare room waiting to be packed lol)
Old 29 Jun 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Just got a little too excited spotting the cruise is under 80 days! Seriously I've been booked on this cruise forever now and it has killed me - don't think I can cope with booking this far ahead lol. Now its starting to feel so so close! When it gets to 60 days I may have to start properly packing (so far there is a giant pile of items in my spare room waiting to be packed lol)
We normally pack the night before, we're so lazy! But, I've started using packing cubes and they're great for packing a bit today, a bit tomorrow, a bit next week ... all keeps tidy in the cubes until I'm ready to put in the case.
Old 29 Jun 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We normally pack the night before, we're so lazy! But, I've started using packing cubes and they're great for packing a bit today, a bit tomorrow, a bit next week ... all keeps tidy in the cubes until I'm ready to put in the case.
I am an obsessive packer! If I don't pack at least three times before I go I will forget something so I do a long term pack then one about a month out and then the final pack the weekend before. I'm dog sitting for my sister this year though from the 1st-10th Sept so going to have to be all packed and ready by the weekend before.
Old 3 Jul 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

This one's in the nature of a rant - feel free to skip.

So...despite being a WDW old-timer, this is our first Disney cruise - and I was more than a little perturbed to discover that despite being online at 5:00 AM (after finishing work at 1:00, Grr) - all the shore excursions for Ponta Delgada in which we had any interest are sold out.

Very disappointed, to say the least. That's the one port I really don't feel comfortable trying to organise something (presumably others feel the same - hence the SO tours).

Any advice? I suppose here is where doing FB would really have helped me, but I just can't add one more thing to my day. I did join a DIS thread about it...

It's just me and my 10 year old travelling, if that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Any advice? I suppose here is where doing FB would really have helped me, but I just can't add one more thing to my day. I did join a DIS thread about it...

It's just me and my 10 year old travelling, if that helps.
I would keep checking. Especially around 4/5 days before we sail people will begin cancelling tours they dont want to do. Unfortunately people book things "just in case" and then cancel at the last minute so its best to keep checking.
Old 3 Jul 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I would keep checking. Especially around 4/5 days before we sail people will begin cancelling tours they dont want to do. Unfortunately people book things "just in case" and then cancel at the last minute so its best to keep checking.
Thanks, Sarah. It's just rather disheartening that the ONLY DAY I wanted to book was sold out. I'm quite happy to wander/get Ubers on the continent and in Canada - it was just that one day...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We're doing whale watching for PdG and we booked it DIY.

Last time we were there, we booked a private coach to take us to the top as they had some gardens there and a great view of the ship.
Old 3 Jul 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

On Cruisecritic (ports of call section) there are several discussions and recommendations for private tours in PdG.
This one is recommended several times
azoresprivatetours/en/about/us
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List