Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Feb 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Watch defunctland video on fp, those that booked ahead got more like 7-9 FP, those that didn’t know about it or turned up on the day got between 0-3 and were likely to be less popular attractions. Dibbers are annoyed because they knew how to use it, those that didn’t want to plan and wanted more freedom will get more done with the new system.
I have to say, I never got 7 to 9 FPs in a day. I assume you mean per day and not over the whole holiday? We generally stuck with just the 3 FPs we prebooked and a couple of times didn't even use all of those. I think at most we got 5 FPs in a day, something like that.

I think that's the difference. There are a minority of people out there who want to maximise their use of whatever queue-skipping system exists. They'll get 7 or more FPs or G+ slots in a day. They would do the old tap&grab thing where they'd immediately get on the app after using a fastpass and book another, adjusting the time to as early a slot as possible. There are folk who will search the attractions for return times so that they can stack their G+ slots.

And then there's the rest of us who are happy with 2 or 3 Fastpass/Genie+ slots in a day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I have to say, I never got 7 to 9 FPs in a day. I assume you mean per day and not over the whole holiday? We generally stuck with just the 3 FPs we prebooked and a couple of times didn't even use all of those. I think at most we got 5 FPs in a day, something like that.

I think that's the difference. There are a minority of people out there who want to maximise their use of whatever queue-skipping system exists. They'll get 7 or more FPs or G+ slots in a day. They would do the old tap&grab thing where they'd immediately get on the app after using a fastpass and book another, adjusting the time to as early a slot as possible. There are folk who will search the attractions for return times so that they can stack their G+ slots.

And then there's the rest of us who are happy with 2 or 3 Fastpass/Genie+ slots in a day.
Like I said, video is certainly worth a watching. It shows that the majority of people that did not know about fastpass+ or those that didn't book so far in advance, end up getting 0-3 FP, and likely not for the headliners as they have all gone. 7-9 is towards the higher end of the scale, but most people would certainly start off with the 3 they have prebooked, and likely get another few on top.

There are certainly a different audience using Genie+ now, while pretty much all dibbers would have previously used FP+, a lot do not want to pay for Genie+, yet they are the ones that would have often made use of the FP+ system the most. Whereas those that only visit a day or so previously, are less likely to have booked in advance, and less likely to know about the system, for the most part it was too late at that point for FP+, now it isn't, and spending $15 a day for a few days visit, certainly works out more reasonable. Since you are also paying, most people have the mentality to get the most out of it as possible, so I'm sure most people will want to try and get as many rides with Genie+ as possible.

Yes stacking works if you plan to go in an afternoon, I've seen vlogs where people stack up 5+ FP's and can then ride one after the other in an afternoon. Though you'll need to be constantly checking your phone during the morning to get it all planned in, which isn't ideal either.

The overall system is fairer, as was the previous paper fast pass system. FP+ only worked well for those that knew the system and planned well in advance, anyone else that didn't suffered.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We would have considered 7-9 fastpasses quite an ordinary fastpass day, certainly we would have easily managed that in Magic Kingdom every time. We wouldn’t have been far off in other parks as we are (or were) repeat riders.

I watched an Allears Vlog last night and as a challenge she did twelve lightening lane rides across all four parks, good rides too, not the teacups. It was encouraging and showed what can be done, so long as you are constantly on the app, which we always were in the fastpass days.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We would have considered 7-9 fastpasses quite an ordinary fastpass day, certainly we would have easily managed that in Magic Kingdom every time. We wouldn’t have been far off in other parks as we are (or were) repeat riders.

I watched an Allears Vlog last night and as a challenge she did twelve lightening lane rides across all four parks, good rides too, not the teacups. It was encouraging and showed what can be done, so long as you are constantly on the app, which we always were in the fastpass days.
Yes we watched that last night too. It was impressive that Molly managed to ride 12 big rides in one day, but she was doing an awful lot of refreshing (as she calls it ‘fiddle faddling’.) In response to the the YouTube comments that it was a lot of hard work, she said this was designed to be a fun challenge and she wouldn’t expect the average vacationer to spend that much time on their phone refreshing.

It definitely takes commitment and she was missing the experience on some rides trying to get the next one which is fine for her as she goes to the parks all the time and it’s her job, but it’s a shame if people are missing the ride they’re currently on because they’re worrying about the next one. I was a bit guilty of that on one or two occasions on our trip, it becomes a bit addictive refreshing when you’re desperate to get a certain ride booked at a suitable time. I missed some of Na’vi River Journey because I was fiddle faddling.

I liked the way she described when a good time pops up and you go to grab it and you can’t finalise the booking quick enough as ‘getting got’. It definitely feels like that when you’re so happy to have found a good time and you click through and it tells you that time is not available after all, or offers you a completely different time. I didn’t like getting ‘got’ by Genie+ multiple times on our trip 🙁😂.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Yes we watched that last night too. It was impressive that Molly managed to ride 12 big rides in one day, but she was doing an awful lot of refreshing (as she calls it ‘fiddle faddling’.) In response to the the YouTube comments that it was a lot of hard work, she said this was designed to be a fun challenge and she wouldn’t expect the average vacationer to spend that much time on their phone refreshing.

It definitely takes commitment and she was missing the experience on some rides trying to get the next one which is fine for her as she goes to the parks all the time and it’s her job, but it’s a shame if people are missing the ride they’re currently on because they’re worrying about the next one. I was a bit guilty of that on one or two occasions on our trip, it becomes a bit addictive refreshing when you’re desperate to get a certain ride booked at a suitable time. I missed some of Na’vi River Journey because I was fiddle faddling.

I liked the way she described when a good time pops up and you go to grab it and you can’t finalise the booking quick enough as ‘getting got’. It definitely feels like that when you’re so happy to have found a good time and you click through and it tells you that time is not available after all, or offers you a completely different time. I didn’t like getting ‘got’ by Genie+ multiple times on our trip 🙁😂.
Yes I didn’t watch it and think “that’s what I shall do”, it was more a case of “oh well she got some decent lightening lanes so maybe I will too”.

In the old days I was always looking for the next fastpass as soon as I tapped into one. But only if the queue stopped, I have never faffed around with the app whilst actually on an attraction. We always sigh when we see people filming rides on their phone and are screaming (internally) “look at it now, you will never watch that clip you are making”.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Like I said, video is certainly worth a watching. It shows that the majority of people that did not know about fastpass+ or those that didn't book so far in advance, end up getting 0-3 FP, and likely not for the headliners as they have all gone. 7-9 is towards the higher end of the scale, but most people would certainly start off with the 3 they have prebooked, and likely get another few on top.
Fair enough.

I knew a fair bit about fastpass+ and booked at 60 days beforehand, but I only tended to use around 3 FPs a day. I didn't really need to use many more than that. So I guess I would have been atypical based on that video (which I haven't watched btw).

Personally, I never expected to get anything like 7 FPs in one day. I would not expect to get anything like 7 Genie+ slots in one day either. Just like how I never managed to get 7 paper fastpasses back in the day. If I get 3 Genie+ slots (so just under £4 a slot) then I'd be okay with that. That's a heck of a lot cheaper* than most fastpass systems out there.

(* yes, yes, I am wilfully ignoring the high ticket price and the fact that fastpasses used to be free)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Personally, I never expected to get anything like 7 FPs in one day. I would not expect to get anything like 7 Genie+ slots in one day either. Just like how I never managed to get 7 paper fastpasses back in the day. If I get 3 Genie+ slots (so just under £4 a slot) then I'd be okay with that.
We always pre booked 3 fastpasses and added more during the day. This was easy to do in late July/August holidays but we were prepared to stay until 9pm or even later. Flexibility is key
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

paper days we would get around 4 or 5, depended on that park and how much running with tickets I had to do.

FP+ averaged around 6 a day but i used to be glued to the phone. It was a chore.

I dont intend uaing g+ in August unless I have no choice due to the park being rammed.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List