Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 May 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We did this in Barbados on Monday. We swam with the turtles and a shipwreck. The turtles swam right underneath us and I managed to film one right next to hubby. I had never done snorkelling before and i was quite anxious. The trip we went on they were really good for those that were novices and those who were terrified and those that were seasoned .
From our hotel we have seen turtles too.

Edited at 12:46 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Definitely the Maldives for turtles (although not cheap!). We’ve just got back from our honeymoon there and I’m gutted I can no longer have my morning swim with the turtles 😢 we will be back!

We’ve also had good snorkelling in Cozumel and Mauritius (Belle Mare).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Definitely the Maldives for turtles (although not cheap!). We’ve just got back from our honeymoon there and I’m gutted I can no longer have my morning swim with the turtles 😢 we will be back!

Which island did you go to?
Old 17 May 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Which island did you go to?
We went to The Residence. It was incredible and I can’t believe I haven’t seen more reviews of it! I might do a mini trip report of it on here sometime this week as it might help people (inc. the travel etc).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We went to The Residence. It was incredible and I can’t believe I haven’t seen more reviews of it! I might do a mini trip report of it on here sometime this week as it might help people (inc. the travel etc).
Yes please
Would love to know more about it as it’s not one I know well or have booked for people before x
Old 17 May 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Yes please. Would love to read it.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Marsa Alam Egypt for amazing snorkelling , turtles and a dudong. Also, you can swim with wild dolphins at dolphin house . I can recommend the Hilton at Abu Dabab for off the beach snorkelling , although haven’t been since COVID
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We’ve just returned from Belle Mare and sadly not somewhere I would recommend for snorkelling.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We’ve just returned from Belle Mare and sadly not somewhere I would recommend for snorkelling.
Really? Definitely no patch on the Maldives but we stayed in Belle Mare in Feb/March 2020 and got a boat out snorkelling almost daily. I have a fab video of me right next to a beautiful turtle. It’s sad to hear it wasn’t good for you
Old 18 May 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Really? Definitely no patch on the Maldives but we stayed in Belle Mare in Feb/March 2020 and got a boat out snorkelling almost daily. I have a fab video of me right next to a beautiful turtle. It’s sad to hear it wasn’t good for you
Sadly no, we did 2 trips but other than sea urchins we saw very little! The odd fish, but I was surprised as just how little we saw. I know west is best for marine life but I did expect more. We still had an amazing time and the water was beautiful!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List