Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 22, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Some thoughts one week in….

Everyone is asleep after a long day…. So just wanted to give some thoughts on our trip so far one week in…

Radisson MAN airport - fantastic as always. Note they have stopped the parking deals for now…. But should be coming back soon!

Manchester Airport - not as bad as the media suggests, although not sure the new terminal is suitable for the amount of people. Thankfully we were in one of the lounges.

VS upper class…. Unbelievable. DW has made it her mission to ensure we fly like this every time!

Hyatt MCO - great hotel. Just what we needed.

Alamo MCO - not much of a selection but got a nice Tahoe with just over 23k miles on the clock!

HRH…. Future Rock Star Suite…. AMAZING. Love this hotel and couldn’t get an better with the room either…. Right next to the gift shop!

VB cabana - love this water park and really made up with the cabana….. unfortunately they were not too accommodating with the request of location! But we had a good one anyways…

Poly - we have found our home resort! However, after 5 nights in the suite at HRH, DS (4 years old) asked where was his room when we entered ours.

DS - eldest has been so brave going on things more than we expected him to…

Skipper canteen - pleasantly surprised by this place. Had a lovely meal..

Genie+… great. Will be purchasing every day!

Will update with more ove the coming days!

Let me know if any questions…

Edited at 03:18 AM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

So happy you’re having a great time. When you get a free moment just more info on how you’ve got Genie+ to work so well for you, tips and advice would be great!
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

Good news you are having a good trip. Like the previous post I would like more information on Genie+. It is good to see a bit of positivity on this. It does wear one down reading all the negative reports, even from people who have not actually been to WDW and used Genie+. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Love it thanks! And your 4yr old now sounds like he is spoilt for life for hotel rooms hahaha.

How old is your oldest? I want to take my son when he's around 6 and just not sure what the best age is (would probably a once in a decade trip budget wise so want to make it count!)
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Regarding Genie+, we have used it for our first 2 days at Disney, MK and AK. Working much better in MK of course.

I should add that we are family of 4 with a 4 year old and 9 month old.

Main negative of Genie+ is having to pay for it.

Good points, easy to use, and lines have so far been a walk on with exception of Kilimanjaro Safaris which we waited about 5-10 mins.

MK we used it 8 times (9 if you include ILLS) with 1 being for the Fedtival of Fantasy parade which I would suggest is not the best use of a LL.

AK we used it 4 times (5 including ILLS). But we were out by early afternoon and had an hour at Tusker House.

Main advice/tips I can think of….

MK - keep in mind that Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan times get late very quickly. Others had availability throughout the day.

AK - same as above but Kilimanjaro Safaris seems to be the main one here.

Use the edit suggestions feature. It keeps your priorities at the top of the tip board.
Old 27 May 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a quality trip.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
One other thing to add…. Anyone with the Disney dining credits deal. It is easy…

Get an email at check in time. You can add the card to Apple wallet and use the 16 digit code to pay for mobile ordering.

Just sitting at Kona Cafe waiting for our mobile ordered breakfast!
Old 27 May 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
One other thing to add…. Anyone with the Disney dining credits deal. It is easy…

Get an email at check in time. You can add the card to Apple wallet and use the 16 digit code to pay for mobile ordering.

Just sitting at Kona Cafe waiting for our mobile ordered breakfast!
Agree it's very easy to use. Food outlets were able to scan the barcode on the card after I added it to my Apple wallet. When mobile ordering, we used my husbands phone so when paying he was able to scan the barcode on my phone, which avoided the need to keep typing in the 16-digit code.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
So Genie+ in Epcot worked well.

We had a slow morning and arrived at the park just before 12.

We managed to do:

Guardians of the Galaxy x 2 (ILLS and Virtual Q)
Spaceship Earth (genie+)
Nemo and friends (genie+)
Soarin (genie+)
Beauty and the Beast sing a long
Voices of Liberty
Frozen Ever After (genie+)
Test Track (genie+)
Ratatouille (ILLS)
Harmonious (fireworks dining package).

On top of above we also had to wait for some of the party via child swap on GotG, Test Track and Soarin.

Plus had a little over 1.5hrs exploring the food from the kiosks.
Old 28 May 22, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad it's all going well... enjoy the trip xx
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List