Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
We were flying to Rhodes in 2015
I was looking out of the window and there was a gap in the clouds
Through the gap in the clouds I saw a beautiful rainbow
So I have been, 'Somewhere,over the rainbow, way up high'
Was a lovely moment. Sadly it was the last flight that DH took together before he died in 2016
Hiya Talland - many years ago, whilst flying home in April we witnessed a beautiful northern lights show, a spectacular curtain of green shimmering light - we weren't on the wings so had a first class view. As most were sleeping one of the passing crew noticed we were leant over whispered 'what you looking at?', we pointed, she too was impressed and watched for a while. About 10 mins later she returned and totally dead pan said the pilot stated it was the flashing light at the end of the wing, looked at her incredulously and I said, 'he's flying this piece of tin and doesn't know the difference, he's having a laugh' She shook her head, 'what can you do' and walked away...
Old 20 Sep 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Interestingly there was a French couple in front of us, she was a nurse but didn't have the ID to prove it so they wouldn't let her help. She was really annoyed, in the end they came and brought her something to say thanks for trying to help. Fair enough that they won't let any one start treating passengers, but wonder at what point this rule is abandoned if it's life and death? This was a BA/AA flight.
That's interesting - we were on a Norwegian flight last August (2017) and the 'call' came out for any medical professionals on board to make themselves known to the cabin crew. My husband is a nurse (he didn't have his ID on him, I don't think) and he and one other passenger (a military paramedic) treated a passenger. Luckily she was fine - was severe V&D.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
That's interesting - we were on a Norwegian flight last August (2017) and the 'call' came out for any medical professionals on board to make themselves known to the cabin crew. My husband is a nurse (he didn't have his ID on him, I don't think) and he and one other passenger (a military paramedic) treated a passenger. Luckily she was fine - was severe V&D.
Hiya Leyfy - on our 2003 Ncl to Sanford flight a lady died in her seat, crew carried her past our seats to lay her down in the galley where a nurse and paramedic trainer performed CPR. They were ticked as the defib wasn't charged and the Capt had to obtain permission for an adrenaline injection. Took 45 mins but finally the aircraft turned around for an emergency landing at Glasgow. Her hubs was moved to behind us, heartbreaking to hear him sobbing, dreadfully sad.
Old 20 Sep 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2ndstar2right View Post
My Worst experience was the air hostess commenting to another passenger that my crying 16 month old was spoiling the ambience of the upgrade for him. I was 23 and doing my best to settle my daughter.
Mine is similar, we went on a short 2 hour flight with my 10 week old, she was perfect on the way there but cried on the way back. I could have cried too as nothing would settle her, the lady in front made a huge point of how disgusted she was at me and that she had paid for her flight and I didn't have the right to be on the plane. That was 11 years ago and still fresh as a daisy in my mind.
Old 20 Sep 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Huddo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 68
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
We were flying to Rhodes in 2015
I was looking out of the window and there was a gap in the clouds
Through the gap in the clouds I saw a beautiful rainbow
So I have been
'Somewhere,over the rainbow
Way up high'
Was a lovely moment
Sadly it was the last flight that DH took together before he died in 2016
What a wonderful memory for you of your beloved. I am sending you a big hug xx
Old 20 Sep 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Mine is similar, we went on a short 2 hour flight with my 10 week old, she was perfect on the way there but cried on the way back. I could have cried too as nothing would settle her, the lady in front made a huge point of how disgusted she was at me and that she had paid for her flight and I didn't have the right to be on the plane. That was 11 years ago and still fresh as a daisy in my mind.
Did you tell her you had paid for yours as well?! I would have probably been the one arrested if she had done that to me!
We had a toddler screaming on landing in Spain, she didn't want to sit in her seat! My in laws were sat near her and apparently her parents did nothing to try and calm her!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We returned in August from Florida on a flight from London Heathrow when waiting to disembark and gathering hand luggage etc dd 4 was vomiting in her seat and none of us noticed🙈🙈 the seat I had been sitting in was covered in vomit and there was a lady tapping me on the shoulder and pointing at dd 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 I don’t recall ever seeing that much sick ever before in my life and she’s my 4 th child 😂😂😂😂😂
Luckily despite this never happening before my dh did a pretty good clean up operation 😆 whilst dd was acting like nothing happened she was absolutely fine
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

Like Mr Morrow, we had someone vaping on the plane next to us on our way to MCO this summer. I maybe should have reported him but his face was a picture when he realised I had spotted him breathing smoke through his nostrils like a dragon. We had bulkhead seats and also had the joy of his grandkids climbing over us every 5 minutes crossing from one side of the plane to the other. I just ordered another drink. We actually got the giggles it was so bad. Still...it was better than watching the middle aged bloke in front of us recline his seat then snog his wife most of the way to Miami on our previous trip. Their sucking and smacking noises alone made me want to vomit. Gross.
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
The trouble with this is --- if the turbulence had thrown your daughter into the ceiling of the aircraft and broken her back, would you have rather she sat in a wet dress then? My daughter was cabin crew and has been in turbulence worse than Tower of Terror, so bad people were being lifted out of their seats and if it wasn't for the seat belts, many terrible injury's would have occurred. Just saying
I appreciate this and had tubulance been terrible I wouldn’t have got her up.

I just feel the FA could have shown more compassion and helped us to get on with what was needed and get back to our seats rather than trying to have an arguement with me.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I remember our DD when she was 4 throwing up quite spectacularly just as the plane was starting it's descent into Kuala Lumpur airport.

The seatbelt sign had just come on, the cabin crew were about to take their seats for landing. DD couldn't carry on sitting where she was and there was no time to attempt any kind of clean-up.

With about 2 minutes to spare they found me a seat elsewhere on the plane and I had to sit there for the landing. We were very embarrassed!

And once I spent the entire plane journey from Gatwick to Edinburgh (work trip) locked in the bathroom throwing up as I'd come down with something suddenly that morning. Had the flight crew knocking on the door several times wondering what I was up to. I only left the bathroom at the last minute.

The kicker was after I got to the customer site (which was another 90 minutes drive away), they hadn't got the right computer setup despite promising they had, so I just turned around and went home again!
Oh God how could I forget another instance! I was on a work trip and had had a dodgy tasting banoffee tart the night before (don't recommend Pentahotel Reading btw...!) Early morning the next day, got on the plane and I was the exact same, vomiting in the loo the entire journey back to Scotland. I managed through sheer force of will to sit for landing, disembarking and sprinted through the terminal to the first loo I could see! Wasn't pretty! Then I had to hobble to my boss' car- he gave me a lift home rather than back to the office and was petrified I'd vomit all over his Scirocco haha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List